Need help with a question! (1 Viewer)

mkv_86

HSC
'Describe a test that you used to distinguish between a named alkane and alkene you investigated in the laboratory. Include relevant practical details and chemical equations'

I know my content, but I'm not sure what exactly I should add, do i need to add reliability, validity, accuracy? Safety precautions? ahhhh I'm confused, help.

Much thanks

asKim

HSC
'Describe a test that you used to distinguish between a named alkane and alkene you investigated in the laboratory. Include relevant practical details and chemical equations'

I know my content, but I'm not sure what exactly I should add, do i need to add reliability, validity, accuracy? Safety precautions? ahhhh I'm confused, help.

Much thanks
The Bromine water (Br2) test. The alkene and the corresponding alkane are tested in separate test tubes and reacted with bromine water. The alkene will decolourise and the alkane will remain the same.
Validity: ensure there is no sunlight as this can cause to increase the rate of reaction through activation energy and may decolourise even the alkane.
Reliability: repeat
Thats the basics

Sent from my HTC_0PKX2 using Tapatalk

jazz519

HSC
Uni Grad
screen_shot_2017_10__VmQZO.jpg

I used this type of scaffold for experiments in note making. But if you are having to do it for a practical report then you're gonna have to follow the normal structure i.e. aim, hypothesis, safety risk table, results, discussion (talk about all that accuracy, reliability, validity stuff here), conclusion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)