HSC predictions (1 Viewer)

herbsby

Hey!
i was wondering what people thought this years hsc q's would be?
Im thinking
-children for family
-sovreignty for HR's + normal hr's stuff
-for crime, maybe something relevant, eg. rape - defences, and sentencing, and effectiveness stuff....
-wouldnt have a clue for consumers....

so what do you all think???
:)

homeboyjoe

Yea im agreeing here with that kind of stuff, there will probably be a relevant case to identify with in the Crime section of the paper. And in terms of the electives i think that most will suround the ethical and moral reasons of the area of the elective.

bandwagon

HSC
N/A
for family i actually think its gonna b more complicated. children yes, but that with divorce fam arrang andstuff to do with how all children are equal...ie all the bloody acts - stats, rights. we'd probably have to incorp' marriage into children as well.

what else are you peeps doing. im world order. its alright but abit boring and very REPETITIVE.

syd17

HSC
i reckon for workplace-they mite put safety in the workplace or evaluate the effectiveness of the legal system in responding to industrial disputes.

for consumers, i haven't seen this question in the trail or nething but sumthing to do with contracts? that would be an awesome question to do!

crime-wouldn't have a clue, lol. but i am totally screwed if the last question is "evaulate the effectiveness of the legal system in protecting citizen's rights" or sumthin along the line as that.

freedom

hsc predictions-----

you know optional focus studies will probably look at effectiveness and CONTINUITY AND CHANGE------

and for crime they will probably change the weighting of the marks for each question- but i would say how effective is the law in achieveing "justice" for the individual and society ---and best example to use would be the gang rape sentecing etc.

hr- usual stuff

l&s- usually brain twisting wrong placement of adjective questions

family- oh gosh- surely the biggest depth study there is :mad1: i have no idea- probably a realy generic one and something specific like the catholic trial qs.

shelter- probably on discrimination and special types of shelter. or public housing- this is the worstttttttttttttttttttt topic in the whole of hsc courses. so utterly boring. i wish i could have studied indigenious people and world order!!!!!!!!!!! people who are doing these i envy you and was even considering of preparing for world order! your soooo lucky!

anyway goodluck to all.

elfgal

i don't think they'd do continuity & change or conflict res. coz that was in cath or ind...one of them...i doubt they'd repeat anything that so many ppl have already done...
so damn, i was hoping for c&c

RIZAL

HSC
some of you guys are dumb...

they will not change the legal paper based on independent trials.

Also, don't think you would get a specific question, for example a question on divorce in family law, because the one question has to apply to all focus topics! Try and imagine this "Evaluate the effectiveness of consumer law in responding to the needs of divorced couples" - not gonna happen!

there will be two questions for each focus topic and each question will be almost exactly the same as the others, NOT SPECIFIC.

freedom

issac

i know what you mean- but for both trials there was a specific area (well for my depth studies anyway) for shelter there was a questions on disputes btw landlords and tenants or was it rights or something and that was discuss the effectives- so that is specifc because it is a dot point.

and for the catholic family trial there was a question on childrens right etc etc. and this is specifc.

and for consumer they would have a specifc thing---- now the things that would parallel with the other depths studies would be eg. Discuss the effectiveness of the law... --------then inside here "specific"-------- in achieveing justic for yada yada yada

i dont know catholic trial seems always to be nearest to what will be in hsc (in setting out) and since they went for a change this year with their altlernative questions being on coninuity and change their might be something along that line this year- doesnt mean i know it.

my class has basically taught themselves legal studies. so i have no idea what it means- but i can use the art of crapping on.

anyway thats what i think- and i might be totally wrong but who knows- ah welll

goodluck to you and all

herbsby

Yeh, for trials and stuff, the HSC is completely finished by Easter, theyll start writing next years HSC straight after these exams are finished. The trials are written after, and the independent & catholic trials are a guess to what they rekon will be in the HSC. Thats why for Ancient History they were exactly the same, catholic trial was almost identical to trial, and english adv, for emma/clueless was heaps the same... so they can be heaps similar.

Also - for consumers, i dont really understand it....like the syllabus is all over the place, and i dont understand the gist.... i guess.... can they ask a hsc q on
-advertising
-credit
-contracts
-change over time

i hope not!!! coz otherwise id be screwed.... :(
im hoping that coz there was soooo much uproar about legal studies last year (coz only a few got band 6, and crime q's were under scrutiny) that this years will BE HEAPSSSSSS easier, especially for crime...........
so yeh.....all my other exams havent been much different to catholic trial, so im hoping legal wont be any different

Have there been any exams that have been COMPLETELY different to last yrs HSC?????

CYA!
good luck!

Sari

hopefully if it was that hard last year this year they'll do the broader thing and make it themes-based rather than area-based.

has anyone else noticed that almost every crime question has "what problems will so-and-so encounter when dealing with the legal system"?

p00_p00

This is a hypothetical question for Crime

Luke and his friend Jamie were in a car, suddenly the LAPD approached them. They had a few kilos of Hash and SPeed in the car, and both of em had just taken E. Jamie was a Nigger and Luke was a white boy. The LAPD took Jamie out of the car and proceeded to beat the black out of him. Luke was given a warning and ordered to leave.

The next day Jamie was found dead, and 3 WHITE police officers were charged the next day.

1) What are the rights of the accussed, taking into account the special benefits of being a LA WHITE cop. 4 marks

2) What new defences could the officers use to make sure they are acquited from the murder. Take into account new defences such as the "Hes black - he must have committed a crime" and the "Whit man differential theory" 4 marks

3) Critically analyse the main agendas of punishment - and outline the aggravating and mitigating factors which will reduce the sentence: the victim was black, the accusseds were white policemen etc. 8 marks

4) Evaluate the effectiveness of the law in protecting the white community, white police officers and the White American dream.
9 marks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)