Legal Studies or PDHPE (1 Viewer)

alyciee

HSC
I just started Year 11 and I am currently doing Legal Studies, although it's only one week into it, I find it a little boring and I feel that I would do better in PDHPE because it seems more interesting and from Year 7-10, I received B's, for the most part and I feel like PDHPE would be more beneficial in terms of my future career, as I would like to be a Psychologist..

Is anyone able to give me an insight to what is learnt in either of these subjects over the next 2 years? It'd be greatly appreciated :)

Also, between the two, what scales better? I know I shouldn't base it on scaling but I'm just curious.

Thankyou!

findx

HSC
I just started Year 11 and I am currently doing Legal Studies, although it's only one week into it, I find it a little boring and I feel that I would do better in PDHPE because it seems more interesting and from Year 7-10, I received B's, for the most part and I feel like PDHPE would be more beneficial in terms of my future career, as I would like to be a Psychologist..

Is anyone able to give me an insight to what is learnt in either of these subjects over the next 2 years? It'd be greatly appreciated :)

Also, between the two, what scales better? I know I shouldn't base it on scaling but I'm just curious.

Thankyou!
The Preliminary course covers:
- The Legal System
- Individual and the law
- Law in practice

HSC Course:
- Crime
- Human Rights
- Option Topics

I found the beginning of the preliminary course a little boring. However, the yr12 course is more interesting imo. For Legal Studies, the key is to know how to "assess" and "evaluate" laws, responses.

I have no idea about the scaling but, in the end, choose the subject which you like more, as you will enjoy it and have motivation to do well in it.

:)

HSC
Personally, PDH/PE all the way. I would have picked it if it didn't clash with my chemistry.

thrillkiller

HSC
Personally I would pick PDHPE only because I'm more interested in that

They're both interesting tho, just pick the one your most interested in and can see yourself getting good marks in

SunnyScience

HSC
Legal scales better then PDHPE if you must know :)

Results according to Talent 100 Atar Calculator:

PDHPE:
90 HSC = 92.4 ATAR

Legal Studies:
90 HSC = 93.7 ATAR

For comparasion

English (ADV):
90HSC = 97.2 ATAR

Maths (ADV):
90HSC = 95.5 ATAR

Last edited:

alyciee

HSC
Thankyou, guys! I think I'm going to go with P.E. I'm more interested in it + it'll be more beneficial. Thankyou for the help :)

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A

Thankyou!
I'm doing both subjects in year 12 at the moment.
I thought legal was boring in yr 11 but i'm really interested in it this year.
PDHPE is more suited to someone with a good memory of terms, definitions, doesnt need a whole lot of logic really
LEGAL needs a good memory too but needs logical thinking to understand and link things together.
I'm more interested in legal but its difficult to keep up with all the work, i have to do catching up, pdhpe i pretty much copy down whats on the board collect sheets and memorise everything before assesments.

Depends what you're suited to i guess

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)