HSC Legal Studies Predictions (1 Viewer)

Smooth Operator

HSC
What do you guys think will make an appearance in this years paper?

Crime (15mks) I reckon could be something to do with international crime, maybe young offenders?

Family - Reform? Or Contemporary issues.

Consumer - Reform? Or Contemporary issues.

Last edited:

raggiedoll

Scumbag
HSC
International Crime and Young Offenders are likely contenders for the Crime Question. Or a general evaluative question on the criminal justice system may be one.

Family/Consumer Law - Communal ethical standards haven't been asked in a while

Last edited:

SquareHeartsAdrita

cya later alligator
HSC
yeah something on young offenders or maybe a theme for crime.

Family/other topics: almost always a contemporary issue/s and maybe some discussion of something else

Smooth Operator

HSC
Oops, I meant international crime but yeah.

Hmmm, changing values and ethical standards wouldn't be bad if that's what you meant?

I'll look in to it further after Economics next week. 4-5 days study just for legal on top of what I've already done will be sufficient.

Last edited:

Tink

HSC
I think the consumers question will have definitely reference a contemporary issue.

Hoping crime is on young offenders; that'd be nice.

dim-sims

HSC
Yeah would not be surprised if it's international crime or young offenders. Hoping that it's going to be young offenders though if it's out of those two.

Dogs4Life

HSC
Oops, I meant international crime but yeah.

Hmmm, changing values and ethical standards wouldn't be bad if that's what you meant?

I'll look in to it further after Economics next week. 4-5 days study just for legal on top of what I've already done will be sufficient.
Any thoughts mate?

Rockmelt

HSC
What would be a likely Young Offenders or International Law question?

Smooth Operator

HSC
What would be a likely Young Offenders or International Law question?
Generally speaking it will be derived from the 'Themes and Challenges' and/or 'Learn to' section of the syllabus in relation to the content, in this cause Young Offenders or International Crime. E.g. 'Assess the role of discretion with regards to Young Offenders.' or 'Evaluate the effectiveness of domestic and international legal systems in dealing with international crime.'

Smooth Operator

HSC
If the consumer law question asks for reference to a contemporary issue, does that mean one of the issues such as 'credit' etc. from the textbook, or just a contemporary issue that we may have read about in the newspaper or seen on television ?
The specified contemporary issues in the syllabus.

Smooth Operator

HSC
Any thoughts mate?
I might post some suggestions tomorrow if I go through the syllabus's to see anything that stands out that they haven't asked. In all honestly though it is quite hard to predict questions, therefore I can only suggest areas which they may ask e.g. for Crime; Young Offenders or International Crime.
Nonetheless a thorough understanding of your content and CMLI will equip you with the best chance of smashing the exam, while paying extra attention to areas which may seem likely to be assessed as an extended response.

Rockmelt

HSC
Yeah, that's what I figure, and it's primarily the 'Themes and Challenges' that have been assessed in the last few years. The few that remain unexamined being -issues of compliance/noncompliance, -law reform in CJS, or -law reflecting moral standards. I was thinking they'd probably flag one of those.

But I suppose they could flag one of them in relation to Young Offenders/International Crime...

Smooth Operator

HSC
Yeah, that's what I figure, and it's primarily the 'Themes and Challenges' that have been assessed in the last few years. The few that remain unexamined being -issues of compliance/noncompliance, -law reform in CJS, or -law reflecting moral standards. I was thinking they'd probably flag one of those.

But I suppose they could flag one of them in relation to Young Offenders/International Crime...
Hmmm, reform could be a contender, we had a question to do with that in the Independent Trial. Yeah, moral and ethical standards could come up.

Elixir

HSC
I think the question may something to do with reform, possibly bail? Since there was that recent bail act :p

TrentsUnicorn

HSC
For family there's quite often a broad question on breakdown of family relationships, which would be quite good :) or I reckon even alternative family arrangements, bc that's been a big issue lately

Rockmelt

HSC
Hmmm, reform could be a contender, we had a question to do with that in the Independent Trial. Yeah, moral and ethical standards could come up.
LSA question was on the role of the jury in achieving justice.

Agree with reform though.

OR, if it was international, could it be domestic as well? i.e To what extent do domestic AND international criminal justice systems achieve justice?

Smooth Operator

HSC
OR, if it was international, could it be domestic as well? i.e To what extent do domestic AND international criminal justice systems achieve justice?
Phoooah, that would be a huge essay.

Last edited:

Smooth Operator

HSC
Where do you find the 2014 specimen paper?
I just had a look then. I don't believe there is a Board of Studies 2014 Legal Studies Specimen, you might be better off don't some past trial papers and what not and all this years if you can get your hands on them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)