Will the stuff you do in high school legal studies transfer onto uni law studies? (1 Viewer)

TheMoney

HSC
I'm in Year 12 right now and I'm setting my eyes on a law degree in the future. However, in legal studies right now, everything is so boring and uninteresting. I was just wondering if I found legal studies boring in high school, will law still be a good choice in the future?

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
I'm in Year 12 right now and I'm setting my eyes on a law degree in the future. However, in legal studies right now, everything is so boring and uninteresting. I was just wondering if I found legal studies boring in high school, will law still be a good choice in the future?
I always thought it was the other way around.. I'm loving legal studies rn - the content, ableit some sections in Crime, is quite interesting. Espectially the first section or 'the nature of crime'

TheMoney

HSC
Ok technically I haven't started the year 12 course yet since I just finished the prelim yearlies so I find the prelim legal course boring. Is the year 12 course fun?

BeaverKnight

HSC
The Legal Studies course, while useful in general if you wish to study for law, is by no means critical or crucial for Uni law courses.

That means that the content we study in legal studies is often more interesting compared to the University Law content as the HSC syllabus. This is because, in general, the Board of Studies tries to make subject syllabi as interesting as possible to encourage students to take that subject. The content you study in Uni is often more boring and monotonous due to the nature of legal studies as a whole. You need to be able to know the law inside out for most areas and consequently Law is often described as REALLY boring. Especially, law regarding property and in general private law is often quoted as dead boring.

Also as in most subjects, the HSC course is WAY more interesting compared to the prelim course.

Uni Law requires TONNES of memorizing so if you arent really into that, then i would suggest you go talk to a Law student at Uni or a legal practitioner and ask them how studying law is and consider their perspective as well. Ther is also the Law Admission Test(LAT) that a lot of Uni Law courses require to be taken so if you want to do law, you pretty much need to prepare for the LAT.

Hope that helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)