How Does Legal Studies Scale? (1 Viewer)

imsooverskool

theres a fire in my pants
HSC
hey my fellow legal ppls!!!!!!!!!!!!
i was just wondering how legal is scaled? i heard that it scales really badly and that is sooooo screwed i mean legal is hard and quite indepth so why is it seen as an easy subject... waaaaaaaaaa i am so screwed about the only subject that i do that is scaled reasonably well is modern history and adv eng, but the rest i may as well 4 get it- general maths, legal and ancient history. im so stressed, btw who else is doing family as an option, ooh and how good is our half yearly... eait 4 it 40 mulitiple choice questions! :D finally something to be happy about

jac-E

Hey I pretty much do the same subjects as u:
General Maths
Eng Adv
Ancient
Modern
Legal
Business

Im wondering the same thing 2....ive been told my some that it scales well others have said it doesnt. Im gonna go with it does scale well coz in the summer hols i attened a HSC legal lecture thing and the guy said the legal does scale well coz the best students in NSW tend to do legal studies. This is what he said and I mean he's a HSC marker and seemed to know what he was talkin bout...so I don't know if that brings any comfort to u at all but it works for me hehe:) But yeh I wouldn't mind knowing the exact truth for any of my subjects (as above) so anyone who knows please fill us in on wats happenin!
Ta!
xo

InfiniteQ

Solitary
HSC
Uhm last I checked Legal was scaled the same as Software... that is to say not spectacular yet not as bad as Business Studies.

Butterfly_Wings

Cornflake Girl
HSC
Originally posted by imsooverskool
i mean legal is hard and quite indepth so why is it seen as an easy subject
It doesn't make any difference if it's "seen" as an easy or a hard subject-it just depends on how well people do. If everyone does really well in the HSC the marks will probably get scaled down-but if everyone does fairly average, they probably won't do much scaling. They don't try to punish people for doing easier subjects by handing out shitty marks-they just want to make it fair to those doing harder subjects, otherwise everyone would go out and do the easy subjects so they could just breeze through!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
yeah i think it fairs ok actually. Not wonderfully but definately doesn't get scaled down.

kini mini

HSC
Originally posted by YEAR12
yeah i think it fairs ok actually. Not wonderfully but definately doesn't get scaled down.
You can be scaled down in any subject if you're in the wrong percentile range.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)