Important: Past HSC Papers papers (1 Viewer)

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
This thread is for people to submit questions, papers, notes etc. which they think others will benefit from
please limit spam in this thread please
thanks guys

goan_crazy

HSC
Practice question 2004 Semester 1 exam Gilroy College-

Crime
Question 25 (25 marks)
Jim is 17 and lives in a remote part of Australia. For the second time, Jim has stolen chewing gum from the local petrol station to share with his friends. The value of the chewing gum is $2.50. Jims family has encouraged him to go to the police and confess

THe police have decided to charge him with this summary offence and he now appears before the court
Using the above statement and your own knowledge of relevant legal issues to answer the following questions.
Questions:
a) Identify FOUR features which distingusih summary hearings from indictable offences [4]

b) Demonstate how the above matter may be dealt with differently in another Australian jurisdiction or another time [5]

c) Explain THREE possible penalties that are currently used in NSW which could be applied in the above situation. identify the purpose of imposing these different types of penalties. [6]

d) Evaluate the role of judicial discretion in determining what factors will be used in the sentencing process. Discuss the agencies of reform and the conditions which give rise to the need for reform in the criminal justice system [10]

goan_crazy

HSC
Part b short answers

Part b 20 marks:
21. What is meant by human rights? 2mks

22. Distingish between moral, customary and legal rights. 3mks

23. Identiofy the differences of ONE of the following types of law: 5mks
1) civil and criminal law
OR
2) Domestic and international

24. With reference to a contemporary human rights issue, discuss the effectiveness of legal measures, both internationally and domestically in adressing this issue. 10 mks

People feel free to submit ur stuff 2...it shouldnt be just me submitting all the time....:rolleyes:

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
which yr is this from?
generally when people do papers they do them whole...and closer to the exams.

goan_crazy

HSC
cherryblossom said:
which yr is this from?
generally when people do papers they do them whole...and closer to the exams.
its a practice paper
its 2004 half yearly from my skool

elissa

Water xXx
HSC
2002 - HSC Q16 a & b - Human rights

2002 HSC
Section 1
Part B
Question 6
a) Define the notion of individual human rights, and use an appropriate example to illustrate your definition.

I wrote: Individual human rights are the interests, powers, liabilities and entitlements associated with the respect for human dignity and freedom.

I don't know what they mean by individual - as per using an example - would this be considered an individual human right:
Article 5: No one shall be subjected to torture or to cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment or punishment.​
Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948)

Should we use the the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (1948) or should we use the International Convenant on Civil and Political Rights or the International Convenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights

Question b then states:
b) Define the notion of collective human rights, and use an appropriate example to illustrate your definition.

So I have to find a collective human right - which would probably be universal suffrage?

Has anyone answered this question that could help? Or do i have to go see my teacher?

bEAbEA

HSC
These are some of the questions in one of my assessments last year:

What is a Bill of Rights? What are the points for and against having such a Bill in Australia?

Describe a particular instance were a violition of human rights occurs. What steps have been takne to solve this problema dn how effective are they?

What is retribution? Why is it sometimes desired?

What circumstances of the offendor does the judge take into account when sentancing the accused?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)