assess the evidence which indicates increases in atmospheric concentration of Nitr.. (1 Viewer)

JoeMK

HSC
Anyone has a good response to that dotpoint?
* assess the evidence which indicates increases in atmospheric concentration of oxides of sulfur and nitrogen

I couldnt find it in my textbook :burn:

P

pLuvia

JoeMK said:
Anyone has a good response to that dotpoint?
* assess the evidence which indicates increases in atmospheric concentration of oxides of sulfur and nitrogen

I couldnt find it in my textbook :burn:
One evidence was, the air bubbles trapped in icebergs dating back thousands of years, just the sulfur and nitrogen concentrations were relatively lower than it is now.

And also, since the start of the Industrial Revolution, which it caused many deaths in London and the north-east of USA due to the increase in SO2. And since cars and electricity has expanded the NOx has increased

kelsmorgan22

HSC
to assess the iceberg evidence you would talk about how it may be hard to get to but is accurate.
i dunno if you could use the level of acid rain or the EPA air pollution index as well?

JoeMK

HSC
Re: assess the evidence which indicates increases in atmospheric concentration of Nit

Yeh, the iceberg is a good one
but i dont know bout the increase in S02 in the air from the industrial revolution, because before the industrial revolution there were no tools advanced enough to be compared today's readings

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Re: assess the evidence which indicates increases in atmospheric concentration of Nit

JoeMK said:
before the industrial revolution there were no tools advanced enough to be compared today's readings
This is a good point to make in a mini-essay for this dotpoint. You shouldn't just provide evidence/arguments for one side, giving a balanced view on both sides is the approach you should take if you were asked a question on this dotpoint.

i wish

HSC

can i just say the amount of information available for this dotpoint in the internet is next to nothing and it's really annoying:evilfire:
or maybe i'm just bad at researching

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A

You could look at other people's dotpoints....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)