plan for soda water prac (1 Viewer)

Sush

Just a minor question but when it says u hav to identify the TYPES of data you will need to gather, is that basically just referring to the data of when you weigh it to calculate grams lost n den convertin to moles n findin d volume of gas released at SLC?? or does the TYPE of data mean something else?

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
think u need to indentify the source of data and the type of the source... at least that's how our teacher perceived it... we got 1 asmt for each science subjects to gather info on 3 different sources... like, interent articles etc etc...

Sush

well i did initially think that too! that is that it meant data sources rather than data collected, but after my teacher not budging on my claim I checked d charles sturt site n in the glossary it does say "11.1b (identify data sources)
determine the type of data that needs to be collected and explain the qualitative or quantitative analysis that will be required for this data to be useful" so now I'm just lost on what a different "type" of data would be, I was thinking like you could have weights, densities etc but in the soda prac theres only weighing anyway n in the marking criteria it says theres gotta b 2 types of data collected ????

:confused:

thanks for ur help though!! :)

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
yea, different pplz interprete the syllabus differently... but uhm... this is a weird one... i mean tis just too primitive to ask you wut units do u use to measure the data...

prolly just to indentify the data and the name of the data??

Sush

yeh im prob just makin a big deal about nothin!so ill just write what the data would be, that being the final n initial weight of the bottle, n explain why thats useful to the experiment... if thats not what he's after oh well its prob only worth like a mark! :) so that should be rite i think tough. thanks for ur help xiao!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)