titration question- help needed (1 Viewer)

NizDiz

HSC
Can someone please tell me how to do this. I showed this to my teacher and said i got it wrong and wont tell me where i'm wrong so i have to get it right. wat am i doing wrong? thanks :p

Attachments

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
ok i think what is missing is direction, your working takes a bit of time to work my head around, but i believe your actually missing the step when trying to get the concentration of acetic acid, C1V1=C2V2, thing is you kinda just jumped steps, meaning its hard for me to work out what you have or what you don't have. If you were to jump steps you should label what the value represents like Conc of Na2CO3=....mol/L then average volume of Acetic acid used = ...mL, from that its a lot easier to follow and easier to keep track of mistakes

Hope that helps :)

BlugyBlug

HSC
I don't think you need C1V1 = C2V2, it's not a dilution.

try not to skip steps, though.

H

hamstar

Ok. calculating the concentration of the sodium carbonate in the 500mL = 0.0500M. Then using the c1v1 formula u can solve the concentration of the acetic acid, however the molar ratios of the base and acid are different. So you would need to multiply the concentration of the base by 2. Then u are able to work out the answer. Hope this helps.

2(0.0500 x 25.95) = C2 x 25. ( 25&25.95 is the volume)

C2 = 0.104M

Parvee

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
HSC
Your working out is hard to follow since you didnt show full working out
And the marking criteria most likely awarded marks for each step of the working out (which you skipped on)

golgo13

Alchemist
HSC
I don't think you need C1V1 = C2V2, it's not a dilution.

try not to skip steps, though.
C1V1=C2V2 is used for more than just dilutions, if anything lol i forgot to add n at the begining of each one because of the molar difference, in essence your comparing the equivalence in acid to base parts which this can be applied for

NizDiz

HSC
hey guys thanks for your help and advice, i showed my teacher and he also said i skipped steps, so thanks for the advice. u don't need to use c1c2 = v1v2 as it is titration and not dilution, according to my teacher, and i read the last part of the question wrong, hence, error but i know why. Thanks for help/advice people!!!

NizDiz

HSC
Just to make sure, do u need to show like every quantitative figure while working out, i.e. moles, concentration, molarity, mass etc. per solution(s) and like the mathematics or somewhat to get it to each figure and somewhat?

Combo

beast
HSC
C1V1=C2V2 is used for more than just dilutions, if anything lol i forgot to add n at the begining of each one because of the molar difference, in essence your comparing the equivalence in acid to base parts which this can be applied for
you noob dont use C1V1=C2V2 its only good for 1:1 ratio which never happens in tests

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)