Esterification (1 Viewer)

Ekman

HSC
Hey everyone,

Im currently having trouble with assessing the validity of the esterification experiment. I made Ethyl Ethanoate, but I have no idea on how the experiment was made valid, and how we can improve the validity. Please help

InteGrand

HSC
N/A
Hey everyone,

Im currently having trouble with assessing the validity of the esterification experiment. I made Ethyl Ethanoate, but I have no idea on how the experiment was made valid, and how we can improve the validity. Please help
The validity would mainly depend on the method you used.

nancylime

HSC
Validity is about controlling all relevant variables and making sure the experimental design is suitable. So for your esterification, validity is affected by the extent you controlled the temperature of your sand (or hot water) bath; the time you left the flask in the hot water bath and reflux apparatus and the amount of ethanoic acid and ethanol you used. Feel free to PM me if you would like some more help :)

Ekman

HSC
Thanks for the help guys!

useless stick

HSC
Validity is whether the method addresses the aim, I assume that the aim was to produce the ester ethyl ethanoate. Provided the method leads to this it should be valid.
Hope it helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)