Monitor level of the ions (1 Viewer)

Tirza

HSC
:apig:
Guys what the evidence for the need to monitor levels of lead and carbonate in substances used in society?????

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
carbonate can lead to pH imbalance in the environment, and therefore may require monitoring too.

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
I tenatively quitted BoS before my exams. But 3 weeks before my exams actually finished, I addiction to BoS brought me back.

Hence the quote.

Tirza

HSC
can some one give me the information about:
1.Present information from secondary sources to write equations to show the reactions involving CFCs and ozone to demonstrate the removal of ozone from the atmosphere
another....
2. Present infromation from secondary sources to indentify alternative chemicals used to replace CFCs and evaluate the effectiveness of their use as a replacement for CFC

Hmm..,, also give me the references too...
Thxx,,
Sorry 4 disturbing:shy::uhhuh:

HSC
Tirza said:
can some one give me the information about:
1.Present information from secondary sources to write equations to show the reactions involving CFCs and ozone to demonstrate the removal of ozone from the atmosphere
another....
2. Present infromation from secondary sources to indentify alternative chemicals used to replace CFCs and evaluate the effectiveness of their use as a replacement for CFC

Hmm..,, also give me the references too...
Thxx,,
Sorry 4 disturbing:shy::uhhuh:
Classic exam question so take note:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CFCl[SIZE=-2]3[/SIZE] + UV Light ==> CFCl[SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE] + Cl
Cl + O[SIZE=-2]3[/SIZE] ==> ClO + O[SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
ClO + O ==> Cl + O[SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The free chlorine atom is then free to attack another ozone molecule[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cl + O[SIZE=-2]3[/SIZE] ==> ClO + O[SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and again ... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cl + O[SIZE=-2]3[/SIZE] ==> ClO + O[SIZE=-2]2[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]and again... for thousands of times.[/FONT]
http://www.bom.gov.au/lam/Students_Teachers/ozanim/ozoanim.shtml
First site on google.
To techniques i can remember to remove CFC's from the atmosphere is the use of methane and nitrogen dioxide (i think). This induces both hydrochloric acid and nitric acid which are soluable in water and it is removed in the form of acid rain.

Replacements that are now used instead of CFC's are Flurocarbons and hydroflurocarbons. These replacements are not as efficient as CFC's (refrigiation, aerosoles ect...) they have a LESSER effect on the ozone layer.

Hope that helps
Cheers.​

chinkoguns

HSC
Heey,

for lead, we need to measure the level of ions because lead is toxic by all routes of exposure to us. It is also a heavy metal and bioaccumulation occurs in oour bodies when we are exposed to it. (levels of lead build up in our bodys, in the tissue) So we need to monitor the levels as it is toxic

Undermyskin

Self-delusive
HSC
Can you believe that lead ethanoate in paint tastes sweet and the kids used to lick it? OMG!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)