Chemists (1 Viewer)

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
For the first dot point, how many types of occupations/chemists should i know about?

I was just going to learn environmental and analytical, but do they ever ask for a specific one during exams? Or are they very broad on these types of questions?

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Very rarely do they ever ask questions on this dot point; as far as I remember, you should be aware of a few (perhaps 3) different chemist occupations, and also be familiar with a specific person who works in one of these occupations. (I can't recall if the HSC has ever asked you to name a specific person before, but I do remember a CSSA trial asking for it. My chem teacher always said that it was good enough just to be familiar with an occupation(s) rather than a specific person in that occupation, so probs don't stress too much on it.)

leehuan

HSC
Remembering the name of a scientist is, as stated, very unlikely examinable as it's going to be too much effort to google search all of them up.

As for the fields, that was one of the few things in chemistry I rote learnt.

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
coolio, i have two chemist in mind. I know you said three porcupine, but is it really worth it since it doesn't get tested that much?

leehuan

HSC
coolio, i have two chemist in mind. I know you said three porcupine, but is it really worth it since it doesn't get tested that much?
It always helps. I personally memorised 4 I think but I only remembered one sentence on each

Shuuya

HSC
Is it risky to just learn one?

leehuan

HSC
Is it risky to just learn one?
Um, yes. lol.

Anything that feels like a bit under is risky.

Editing this cause don't feel point in making new post.

Yeah, the risk is minimal. But it's still risky *lol*

Last edited:

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
What type of questions are asked for this dotpoint? Finished the first focus question today and the whole thing is bs so far

leehuan

HSC
Only seen it on like 2 papers in my lifetime and they were mostly identify the branch of chemistry and describe some of the stuff they do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)