The second part to outcome two for the syllabus states:

• identify the limited range of

• wavelengths of the electromagnetic
    spectrum detected by humans and
    compare this range with those of other
    vertebrates and invertebrates

How do I go about responding to this outcome? :S

Been staring at it for over an hour >.>
You need to identify the ranges of humans, a vertebrate and an invertebrate. From memory these are -Humans 400-700nm (some books say different, like 380 or something but this is generally accepted and its a nice round number)Honey Bees: 300-650Pit Viper (snake): 400-850Thats all that is required of this dot point. next you will need to know why their sight is useful for them.Humans use colour to identify objects and mainly work in day, thus they can see the entire visible spectrum.Honey Bees use UV light to identify pollen on flowers Pit Viper uses infra red as it is nocturnal and hunts in dark burrows.Do some further research as I'm missing a few things and double check this info is correct. BTW HSC 2010? What you doin this for?

sam5

HSC
BTW HSC 2010? What you doin this for?
some kids have that retarted pathways thing. They do 3 hsc subjects in their 1st year (what we call year 11) and then another 3 hsc subjects in their second year (year 12). So they do half the subjects, double the load for 2 years. Id hate it.

annikab

HSC
Whenever the question says COMPARE, a table is the easiest way to go!

Your headings would be, for at LEAST TWO vertebrates other than humans AND invertebrates:

- name of organism
- electromagnetic spectrum detected (e.g. humans detect visible light ROYGBV)
- wavelength detected (e.g. humans detect 380 - 700 nm --> REMEMBER to put a scale on this, e.g. nanometers = nm as just a range from 380 - 700 means nothing to the markers. It could be 380 - 700 lollies for all they care)

Last edited:

proletariat

HSC
some kids have that retarted pathways thing. They do 3 hsc subjects in their 1st year (what we call year 11) and then another 3 hsc subjects in their second year (year 12). So they do half the subjects, double the load for 2 years. Id hate it.
No :S We're starting Communication first since it is term 4 (i.e. First term of year 12) And thanks >.> We're already looking at the eye but we havent looked at the spectrum for UV and IR 8D

This is me just needed a new name

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)