communication (1 Viewer)

kim_

Well since there are no posts in this folder, Ill just have to start one, who is doing communication as an elective? If any one has done it, is it easy and how long does it take? Is there any slicing or dicing or just theory?

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
yeh we started it today. I really dont know what it involves. My teacher is utterly utterly hopelss, but not just for the option, we've been teaching ourselves out of the text book for 2 years.

Levant567

HSC
Yeah my class is doing communication as our option, I just did a research assessment task last week on it.
Its an OK topic, not the most exciting so far, i hope we get to disect eyes and stuff :)

My teacher is the best! Our class is so laid back - more of a comedy show than a biology class

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
fairydust said:
Well since there are no posts in this folder, Ill just have to start one, who is doing communication as an elective? If any one has done it, is it easy and how long does it take? Is there any slicing or dicing or just theory?
I did it last year:)
You get to disect an eye, and you talk about how and why we can see along with the pros and cons of devices which improve sight, you get to do some stuff with a CRO and talk about hearing aids and ear structure, as well as how certain bugs make noises eg. the cicada or cricket, as opposed to how we speak. You will also look at brain structure and what parts of the brain control what as well how to draw a diagram of a nerve.

Samie_Loo

quacktacular
HSC
we disected an eye today... too much fun most otha girls chickened out.. i loved it... goo-y huh :uhhuh:

kim_

ohh i wna disect stuff, its so fun to see the stuff inside but the smell is putrid... we just strtd communication today... it seems alrite...interseting

Bokky

HSC
im doing communication and im lovin it, its very interesting and YES were dissecting eyes tomorrow :)

the topic is basically involved in how humans, animals and insects receive information and responde to it. How we receive information (eyes, ears, nose - smell etc) and how we respond to it (ie. speaking - producing sound, and movements - escaping from predators) and also the structure of those vital parts involved in communication and how they work.

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
The reason why you dont see any other posts is because you've got your settings set a bit differently ;)

Go to the bottom of the LHS of the page and under the "new thread" button, is the "display options", go to "From the: " and select the option to "Beginning", then you shall see all the threads the 04ers+ made

nit

HSC
But 04er threads are useless for 05ers finding out fellow 05ers doing the elective ;)

gigglepot_jess

2 and a half years to go!
HSC
we are doing communication too. we dissected a calfs eye the other day and one of the guys in our class put some of the eye in his mouth. all us chicks were fine until he did that, after that we all had to stand ouside.
To top it all off they all started egging each other on to have a go. Yuk!!

laurel18

Keep smiling Ü
HSC
gigglepot_jess said:
we are doing communication too. we dissected a calfs eye the other day and one of the guys in our class put some of the eye in his mouth. all us chicks were fine until he did that, after that we all had to stand ouside.
To top it all off they all started egging each other on to have a go. Yuk!!
Ahhh communications is interesting...Like about chameleons with marking their 'homes' I thought was pretty gross...but learning about how honey bees get to see UV is pretty cool...we haven't got to the disection bit....but earlier on in the year where we had to disect a sheep's kidney...I felt so bad :(

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Bump.
Hmm, anyone here in `11?
6 year old bump!
Yeah, I'm doing communication. So easy, but I lost stupid marks in the trial for not reading questions right and not putting a heading on the graph. :/

2011_

HSC
6 year old bump!
Yeah, I'm doing communication. So easy, but I lost stupid marks in the trial for not reading questions right and not putting a heading on the graph. :/
Can't believe this thread is so dead - I thought this was the most common option!

HSC
N/A
6 year old bump!
God, yes!
Missed out on such silly marks!

cpwincess19

HSC
I find communication option really hard :/ It's because our school taught us NOTHING , and i feel as if many of the dotpoints cross over or maybe I'm just really confused ARGHHHH :(((

2011_

HSC
It was the last topic so school sped through it - BAD IDEA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)