I dont understand this subject (1 Viewer)

Cuddles

Hey, I do society and culture through distance education and I dont understand it at all. My focuses are: Political change in china, racism and Buddhism. I am one term behind in my work and have my trial next Wednesday. If anyone thinks they can help me to understand what the hell I am supposed to know, please feel free to try! I just dont know what I am supposed to focus my extended responses on. Apparently you have to know shit about gender roles and shit like that, and what does Globalisation fit into??? Im soooooooooo lost!!!! PLEASE HELP

swisstruffles

HSC
do u have a text book? maybe u could go to a bookshop and take a look at someof them; they have usually a variety of them there..i dont really know what ur meant to know as we didn't do those subjects.

Cuddles

Im in year 12. I have an excel book, and its ok but the problem is that it doesnt have any of my depth studies. I think that Ill just have to dedicate more time to society and culture after my trials (this week and next) and try to make sense of it. Its heaps hard coz we dont have a society teacher at our school so there is noone that I can go to for help. I tried a tutor but she wasn't very helpful. Lol, if i get desperate enough I will go back to her though! But if you do have any notes to help me, please feel free to share them. Thanks heaps.

swisstruffles

HSC
excel..sometimes they tend to be quite general..the thing is, im not doing any of your subjects so none of my notes are relevant to you. btw i have never heard of a S&C tutor!!!

my friend here says there is a text called 'Society and Culture" by Robin Julian and another author. the front cover is black colour with an ear and other pictures on it.
hope that helps!:confused:

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Originally posted by Cuddles
Im in year 12. I have an excel book, and its ok but the problem is that it doesnt have any of my depth studies.
*sigh* Cuddles, my best advice to you is throw the Excel book of of the window IMMEDIATELY. that crappy book will get you no where, it doesn't really fit into the syllabus requirement and it is TOO in-depth, which you don't really need to know.

However, the black book that swisstruffles refered to is an excellent resource, it's all you really need. and plus, you don't really need a tutor for society and culture! comeon!!!! i studied S+C for about two or three days and got 96% in the half yearly!
It's not that hard, TRUST ME!

By the way, your selction on your topic isn't really good, change it to something else that is more relevant, like Globalisation in china, or Gender roles in Buddhism. :)

Cuddles

I dont think I can change my subject, Im pretty sure that Im not allowed but maybe Ill ring my teacher and ask him next week. Yeh political change is really broad. Buddhism and racism should be ok but i hate the China one. Ill try and get a hold of that black book. Thank you sooooooooooooo much. I really appreciate it. Excel books are the biggest load of crap!!!! Some are average, but its hard to figure out what info u need and wot u dont need, I CANT WAIT TIL SKOOL IS OVER!!!!!!!!!!

legally_blonde

Cuddles I just got a really awesome mark for my assessment on Buddhism, it covered all the aspects of the whole 'belief system' stuff you need to know for your extended response - would you like a copy? If so, let me know where i can send it to and i'll dredge up the floppy disk i saved it on

Cuddles

HELL YES!!!!! lol that would be fanatastic!!!! i didnt even answer the question on buddhism for my trial :( Becoz I do it thro distance ed I have to finish my whole course (im six weeks behind) in the next three weeks and then basically try and learn it all coz i havent paid attention this year. Im soooooo stressed about it. Every other subject is ok but im really struggling with society. i need all the help i can get. my email is cuddles_please@hotmail.com thank u sooooo much. If you need help with CAFS, advanced english, general maths, or extension english, just let me know.

legally_blonde

okay i attatched the assessment to the email i just sent you - hope it helps, i forgot to proof read it or anything before i sent it but you'll live... :)

Mazey

hey just in case ur wondering the other black book everyone's talking about is Heinemann! :p

Cuddles

Hey Legally-blonde, the essay didnt send or sumthing coz its not in my hotmail account:( Hmmmm if its not 2 much trouble could u please try sending itr again. thanx heaps. Im feeling pretty good at the moment coz i ot 4 titlepages done (thats 4 weeks worth of work) so I am slowly catchin up!!!! I CANT WAIT TO FINISH SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)