Israel - Lebanon??? (1 Viewer)

Lani89

HSC
Are their mainy differences between Lebanon and Israel? I know that the different religions are the main influence but what are the differences that would have caused their conflicts and misunderstandings?

sam04u

Comrades, Comrades!
HSC
They're completely different countries.

Culturally:
Lebanon:
Festivities:
Eid (end of ramadan)
Easter
Eid (after islamic pilgrimage)
Christmas

Israeli:
Hanukah
Christmas
Easter

Food & Jewellery:
I'm sure you've heard of lebanese food, and lebanese gold.
Also probably heard of Jew gold? It's pretty good quantity.

Music:
Not, really heard any Israeli artists, but there's a whole lot of Lebanese-Arabic performers, Haifa Wehbe, Myrna, soo many others.

http://www.israel-music.com/

Fashion:
Israel has an extensive...

Bah I'll edit the rest in later.

Kulazzi

HSC
Yes, I'm sure there are many differences. As above culture, society, possible the community, religion, beliefs etc.

Look at some of the concepts and search some information regarding each country. For example, modernisation..?

reem017

HSC
the arab nations hated the notion of a jewish state if it meant the occupation of palestine which it did. one difference is one country wants its land and peace a the other wants to keep killing civilians and occupy more land

shaemitchell

HSC
Lani89 said:
what are the differences that would have caused their conflicts and misunderstandings?
one of the main reasons is the arab israeli conflict thats been happening since 1948 which revolves around that said by the others. but conflict with lebanon really started when the plo (palestine liberation org) were exiled from Jordan in 1970 and adopted lebanon as their main state. the plo launched missiles from lebanon into israel and from here there were major invasions by israel in 78 and 82. also issues with the occupied golan heights. Lebanon was reluctant to make peace with israel because it would be going against the rest of the arab states it had been supporting sicne the war started, (oil issues)

hope that helps. did it for modern history.

Lani89

HSC
Wow this thread is still going?! Not that I need it anymore but I'm sure others will find it handy for Year 11 work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)