What A Random Course::help!!! (1 Viewer)

rachael.mcgee

HSC
does anyone else think society and culture is a way weird course?!?!?!

like, not in what we learn, that's not the problem...it's just so confusing in what we have to know, and how the course is set out, etc.

like, the syllabus and the text books, and the text books between themselves, just DON'T MATCH UP!! it's pissing me off!

does anyone feel the same way? or have any suggestions/explanations of the course in general?

lol i know its a bit far into the course to be having a breakdown like this...we have half yearlies this week...but hey.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Society and Culture is different from other courses. I found the syllabus not very useful. Unlike the Science subjects where the things you have to know are outlined in dot-points, in S&C, it's more integrated because each topic links to each other in the context of different S&C concepts.

My advice is learn the Heinemann textbook well because everything you need to know is there. Don't use the Excel S&C book because it's not very helpful (for me at least).

Kulazzi

HSC
^I agree with S39. The Excel textbook is not very good to follow as it is too detailed and is not set out in a way for HSC students to study properly - not for me anyway.

I also found the heinemann one very helpful for S+C so if you don't have that already, go and grab one :)

joeyann

HSC
yeh the excel book has all this extra stuff that you don't REALLY need to know... but our teacher keeps it and photocopies the important bits, which helps! heinemann is a fantastic textbook (then again, its the only one i've used FULLY) but its gotten me through the prelim course with flying colours!

*miranda*

HSC
the syllabus is totally crap to use to make study notes and whatever, the heinemann book is really good - but it gets annoying if your teacher chooses focus studies not in it - like japan and barbie!

thats my rant for the day...

oh and im totally over equality and difference! blah!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)