S+C and Maths HSC-Exam on SAME DAY (1 Viewer)

liam89

HSC
OMG the 2007 HSC timetable has been posted on the board of studeis website. For all of you who do Society and culture ASWELL as 2 unit Maths....WE HAVE THE EXAM ON THE SAME DAY! So Maths is 9-12.30 and then Society and Culture is 1.55-4pm! :eek:

Sujesh

HSC
man that is gay and slack!!!! now i have to study 4 two things in one night!!!! aaaaaarrrrrrrggghh!!

xbitterflyx

Batmaniac
HSC
It happens alot unfortunately
I had english and ancient history on the one day and then i think it was maths and modern history?
I get confused between my trial and real lol I know I had atleast 2 doubles during the HSC of big topics. I had to remember far too many quotes

HSC
liam89 said:
Maths is 9-12.30 and then Society and Culture is 1.55-4pm! :eek:
Thats not even a proper amount of time for you to wind down from one exam to the other. The timing of those exams suck perhaps moreso than the simple fact that they are on the same day.

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
wow.. that's really bad timetabling. I think we always complained about how S&C exams were always on the last few days of the exam period so BOS must have thought "hmm, let's bring the S&C exam forward this year.."

Oh well, at least you can start holidaying sooner than previous S&C students!

Good luck everyone!

cuppy

HSC
N/A
man i feel for you guys that totally sucks! but on the bright side you do get to finish all of your exams earlier. Last year the society and culture exam was on the very last day (in the arvo as well) so while most of the grade was partying my whole class was cramming. we had to put up with others rubbing it our face that we still had more to go.

HSC
liam89 said:
OMG the 2007 HSC timetable has been posted on the board of studeis website. For all of you who do Society and culture ASWELL as 2 unit Maths....WE HAVE THE EXAM ON THE SAME DAY! So Maths is 9-12.30 and then Society and Culture is 1.55-4pm! :eek:

not to sound unsympathetic but yeah it happens. i had physics and japanese on the same day last year. two three hour exams as well, which wasn't very nice. not much you can do about it.

i) there's people in the same situation as you

ii) there's people in a worse situation than you

iii) you kno months in advance, so you should be prepared for it when the time comes

good luck for your hsc! :)

blondesdoitbeta

HSC
hey that sucks heaps, but i know what ur going thru- i have business studies and hospitality on the same day!!! it sucks!! but my teacher said remember to take panadol just in case u get a headache so u wont bum out in the last exam!!

Oh and my legal studies and soc and cult teachers said that cuz the pip is only worth 30% (which totally sucks and is ridiculus if i put in allllll this work i want the weighting for it... grrrrrrr) they make the soc and cult exam pretty straight forward!! i know cuz ive looked at sum previous exam questions- it looks okay!!!

good luck

Redbeard

HSC
Thats not as bad as my friend. He does the 2U maths exam on the monday, and then 3U maths and pd/h/pe on the wednesday, and ancient history on thursday morning.

nedcooper

HSC
Yeah ive got maths and society on that same day then biology the nxt morning sraight after that. Plus add the fact i turn 18 the day before the maths and society and culture double up. Gonna be a harsh few days

brittle89

HSC
liam89 said:
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i knowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

well im screwed for maths anyways

HaylieJaed

HSC
That's actually fairly true. Society and Culture is fairly easy compared to a lot of other subjects. At least we don't need to memories names and dates and such. It's just a matter of knowing the course concepts and things.

CHOWduh

slightly stressed..
HSC
One of the problems with SAC not being so hard is that it doesn't scale so well either. But then thank god it's so straightforward... Hopefully getting marks will be as "easy" as shooting fish in a barrel. I swear I want to try shooting fish in a barrel one day.

cmckie

HSC
I'd have to disagree here...personally I think to do well in the final exams we have to have a huge range of knowledge, as well being able to think, organise and plan on the spot...thats just my opinion anyway!:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)