Belief systems (1 Viewer)

hayleyl

HSC
What exactly are they looking for in the belief systems essays?
Like for example from the 2005 HSC

(b) Explain the nature and role of power and gender within ONE belief system

What are some points I would talk about, for me I think I would be lucky to answer 2 pages on this question, cause I don't understand how we are meant to discuss it:confused:

MBF

HSC
Firstly I would look up the feedback from the marking centre and see what they said the better responses for that question had.

Well i havent looked over SAC in weeks but im presuming

state your beliefs system, discuss who has the power and authority in this beliefs system, how and why they have it

Then talk about how gender is represented, do women have equal rights, do they not, did they originally have rights and got them taken away or did the belief system prescribe them to have rights but westernisation etc. gave it to them.

I dunno, stuff like that i think, just throw in examples. If i got given that I'd probably talk about the continuity and change of power and gender but im not so sure that would be right.

N

noir.

Just to add on from MBF's post:

Plan out your essay before you start writing

for
Explain the nature and role of power and gender within ONE belief system

you will talk about gender for both males and females - not just females. Relate it to power [and authority] within the belief system, and the importance of it. discuss change, and resistance to change. Modernists Vs Traditionalist, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)