What Are The Main Concepts For This? (1 Viewer)

respect90

HSC
hey guys here is my proposal for society and culture pip........just wondering what main concepts do you see present in the topic, and why?

‘Frantic with Facades: The front created by Australia’s Arabic Youth with Rev Culture’.

This research topic aims to identify the reasons for why the Arabic Youth of Australia create facades of themselves to society in regards to the automobile, and why they feel they need to portray dangerous behaviours such as speeding and drag racing as the social norms.

My research topic for my personal interest project is going to revolve around the topic ‘Frantic with Facades: The front created by Australia’s Arabic Youth with Rev Culture’. My topic is aimed at exploring why the Arabic youth of Australia appear to dominate rev culture, if their ethnicity has influenced there interest in rev culture and how Arabic youth and rev culture has linked the ethnic group with crime, gang formations and their portrayal in the media.

I have become influenced to research on this topic as I have always been curious as to why it appears that adolescent male Arabs are so involved with cars and the popular culture which comes with cars. I have become extremely curious; are Arab’s really involved with the images they portray of themselves through rev culture, and the experiences which come with rev culture, or is it just a façade so as to fit the social construct of their secular ethnic group or society?

Topics in regards to Arabic youth has emerged significantly in the past 10 years in regards to racism, discrimination and portrayal in the media, often due to the increase of events linked to the Arabic youth and Muslims (Lakemba, Cronulla Riots). However, I have never come across an actual study of the behaviours of Arabic Youth in regards to rev culture in today’s context. If there has been a study of it in the past, I believe it has changed significantly due to the increase in technology, the apparent vitality of a rev culture presence in adolescent popular culture, an increase of value for automobiles and what I call an ‘underground rebellion’ against the government’s attempts to subside speeding and other dangerous automobile related accidents, often seen as through the use of technology (this formed concept of mine will further be explained in my actual PIP, through methodologies such as case studies and observation.)

N

noir.

respect90 said:
hey guys here is my proposal for society and culture pip........just wondering what main concepts do you see present in the topic, and why?

‘Frantic with Facades: The front created by Australia’s Arabic Youth with Rev Culture’.

This research topic aims to identify the reasons for why the Arabic Youth of Australia create facades of themselves to society in regards to the automobile, and why they feel they need to portray dangerous behaviours such as speeding and drag racing as the social norms.

My research topic for my personal interest project is going to revolve around the topic ‘Frantic with Facades: The front created by Australia’s Arabic Youth with Rev Culture’. My topic is aimed at exploring why the Arabic youth of Australia appear to dominate rev culture, if their ethnicity has influenced there interest in rev culture and how Arabic youth and rev culture has linked the ethnic group with crime, gang formations and their portrayal in the media.

I have become influenced to research on this topic as I have always been curious as to why it appears that adolescent male Arabs are so involved with cars and the popular culture which comes with cars. I have become extremely curious; are Arab’s really involved with the images they portray of themselves through rev culture, and the experiences which come with rev culture, or is it just a façade so as to fit the social construct of their secular ethnic group or society?

Topics in regards to Arabic youth has emerged significantly in the past 10 years in regards to racism, discrimination and portrayal in the media, often due to the increase of events linked to the Arabic youth and Muslims (Lakemba, Cronulla Riots). However, I have never come across an actual study of the behaviours of Arabic Youth in regards to rev culture in today’s context. If there has been a study of it in the past, I believe it has changed significantly due to the increase in technology, the apparent vitality of a rev culture presence in adolescent popular culture, an increase of value for automobiles and what I call an ‘underground rebellion’ against the government’s attempts to subside speeding and other dangerous automobile related accidents, often seen as through the use of technology (this formed concept of mine will further be explained in my actual PIP, through methodologies such as case studies and observation.)
Okay, this is a really good topic.
you've pretty much answered your own question [i've bolded the concepts you've used], but the main ones are:

Culture, media, communication, continuity, change, social construct, behaviour, discrimination and society. the technologies developed over time play a role in determining the culture and interests amongst the arab youth - i.e. car equipment. you're going to anaylse the culture from the past, and compare it to the present [this is where you'll identify the changes or continuities to their values] and identify other ways that they use to communicate, not only to one another, but to society in general.

louiseivynuss

HSC
Im doing a pip on something about public and pirvate education and its affect on higer paid career chances
i intend to look closely on year 12 graduates of the affluent parts of sydney compared to the western suburb schools.
What type of concepts should i include?
and who are good people to interview and what are useful methodologies?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)