Postmodern Theory (1 Viewer)

anapower

HSC
We have an in-class assessment due this friday on social change. Basically its applying one theory of social change to a chosen country and about 1-3 aspects of change. I am currently in a state of panic due to the fact that i did a very stupid thing and barely studied. But enough about that for now. >_>

I looked up the theories in my textbook and it only explains three theories (evolutionary, functionalist and conflict) but i remember our old teacher mentioning something about the ever so popular Postmodern Theory. HOWEVER, its not stated anywhere in the book and i tried google but it still didn't really help. So, help anyone? :santa: (not sure why the santa smiley, but i thought it was cute :D)

anapower

HSC
Feel free to give any advice/tips whatsoever to do with Society and Culture in general. (assessments, the hsc, blah)

D.r-e.a-m.z

HSC
hmmm......yeh....i think there is such a theory that is called that.....but within the society and culture syllabus.....we realli only study the three u have mentioned....functionalist....conflict and evolutionary......even in all the hsc trials....half yearlies......yearlies.....hsc exam....they onli ask bout these three......well to my knowledge nywyaz....and ive looked heaps......(repeating the course this year)....but yeh....i suggest u do conflict theory if u get to choose one....as its the one that u can get alot of information on......and if ur stuck.....u can also bullsh*t ur ass off......i.e. if ur doing asut society.....u talk bout feminist movement......which resulted in new laws...anti discrimination....etc etc......conflict between aborigines and white people....adn the legislation for that...etc etc....and sum otha social movement......like maby sumfin recent like the need for green energy....etc etc....or more environmentlaly fwendly stuff.....nyywaz......hope that helps.....

HSC
do you HAVE to do postmodern theory? wouldnt it be wiser to just choose one out of the textbook to save you the panic? i mean, its an assessment..not a pip..and you're not stuck with it forever.

i on the other hand, am more or less obligated to do functionalist theory and japan. yay me.

any ideas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)