Raw marks + society and culture (1 Viewer)

nd16

HSC
N/A
What are the raw marks required for Society and culture band 5 and band 6?

stillthinkin

HSC
Its hard to make a definite distinction but I'm pretty sure that if you crack a 55/60 in the exam and a 32-33/40 in the PIP you can hit a band 6. Society is probably of the only subjects that gets scaled down because of the lack of the strength of the cohort. Usually you will find that the majority take the course simply because they believe that it is an easy A and give a poor effort all throughout. Conversely if your one of the few hundred or so who actually take it seriously. This would mean that you have to nail the exam and blitz the HSC in order to get a band 6.

As long as you answer the question, integrate concepts and provide good examples you should be fine.

avro

HSC
^ Fair enough, but my school is consistently strong in Society and Culture. Would this help?

stillthinkin

HSC
if your cohort is strong this year, then it can help because you all will do well together. A higher amount of good marks means that there is a greater pool of marks to choose from. This is good for both you and your cohort. I on the other hand go to a school that does not do so well in society, so I really need to work hard in order to scrap a 98/99. Both my sisters go this and I am doing pretty well, unfortunately because of my teachers and a few arguments I lost unnecessary marks

avro

HSC
Oh okay. I'm first on 98% but I just didn't want my cohort to drag me down. Thanks Riproot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)