Is my PIP topic good and can it relate to many concepts? (1 Viewer)

lauram95

HSC
Okay so I've tried out many focus questions. But after seeing the HSC PIP day on Friday I realised that my categories are too broad and unoriginal. So is this one great and where can it lead me?
'How perceptions on classical music has altered due to the implication of technology?'
I'm unsure about how deep it can go into the concepts also. Any advice would be appreciated :)

alyssa21

HSC
N/A
This topic sounds like it has the potential to lead you somewhere, but I'd still be trying to hone in and develop the topic a little more. I think one of the hallmarks of a great PIP is that it's very personal (it is called the Personal Interest Project, after all!), and that the markers will be able to see YOU on the page. Think about whether (or where) this topic can fit in to your micro: where does it have that personal significance to you, to your micro world, etc.
When I was reading this, I was thinking that you could actually maybe link to this the dichotomy between popular culture and high culture, and the influence that technology has had on such a relationship, as explored through changing music influences and tastes or something. But definitely find the YOU in the topic first, and go from there.

lauram95

HSC
This topic sounds like it has the potential to lead you somewhere, but I'd still be trying to hone in and develop the topic a little more. I think one of the hallmarks of a great PIP is that it's very personal (it is called the Personal Interest Project, after all!), and that the markers will be able to see YOU on the page. Think about whether (or where) this topic can fit in to your micro: where does it have that personal significance to you, to your micro world, etc.
When I was reading this, I was thinking that you could actually maybe link to this the dichotomy between popular culture and high culture, and the influence that technology has had on such a relationship, as explored through changing music influences and tastes or something. But definitely find the YOU in the topic first, and go from there.

This helped me greatly. I have been playing the flute for 9 years so it's definitely personal. Thankyou :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)