Society & Culture: Continuity & Change HELP! (1 Viewer)

Matin

HSC
I have been putting this question off for all of the holidays and I can't move on with any of my work unless I can answer it.

Discuss the statement 'Modernisation is inevitable'.

I know it can go either way, but I don't have any points to talk about for either.

If anyone can please help me out that would be greatly appreciated!

shortnsweet

HSC
Sorry I'm not sure how to answer it directly, but here are some points that might help:

Remember why societies need to change in the first place - consider the Agrarian, Industrial, and Information Revolutions. Maybe this will give some ideas.

Also remember that the 4 'isations' (modernisation, westernisation, globalisation and industrialisation) can be linked with each other when talking about one. (eg. can modernisation occur without globalisation?)

Modernisation is defined as "a process of social change resulting from the diffusion and adoption of the characteristics of more advanced societies through less advanced societies". Obviously, this can occur through globalisation which is one thing you can mention. There are constantly new technologies and ideas, and with globalisation it's easy for the whole world to adopt these new technologies. You can also mention industrialisation where a less developed society might become modernised because of new industrial developments - either thought up on their own, OR from being exposed to it (globalisation).

Matin

HSC
You are amazing! Thank you so much!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)