Does the topic really matter to get a Band 6 in a PIP? (1 Viewer)

sweetalmond

HSC
N/A
I've been agonising over ideas for my PIP. A lot of people I've seen have done topics that stem to similar ideas such as multiculturalism, Islam, feminism, gender roles etc. and have done exceptionally well and gotten awards and prizes for their PIP.
So if you were to take a common idea like feminism, could you do just as well as anyone else? Do markers also take into consideration the commonality of the project? or do they mark on how well the research is done, how the PIP has changed you and whether it has cross-cultural comparison and continuity and change etc.
thanx!

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey lovely!

Short answer to your title question: No. Because its all about how use course concepts, your methodologies, etc and more importantly the flair and sophistication you write with. Thats it. Thats all they look for. You can literally write about the most overdone idea in all of history "depression, and its social effects" but if you write well, and use course concepts, and actually use your methods right, you can band 6 it, AND win an award for your PIP. Obviously adding a bit of orginality, and a twist to it will help, but honestly, the topic choice does not matter. And my teacher who has been teaching society for 9 years verified this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)