Theorists for society and culture? (1 Viewer)

hungry

HSC
Does anyone know which theorists we should know about, and for which topic they were for? Or does anyone have summary notes on all the theorists? We did them right at the end of the year when we were doing revision and I lost my notes I wrote because I ran out of space in my book and wrote them on a paper which I misplaced..

Thanks

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
If you mean for preliminary, I think Piaget, Erikson, Kholberg, Mazlow. Thats for prelim personal and social identity (I think that's what the topic is called lol).

For HSC its conflict theory, evolutionary theory and functional something - I don't remember who the theorists were who composed them. That's for social and cultural continuity and change. Other than that, I really don't know which theorist your referring to. x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
I can PM you the hsc ones of you like. I don't have prelim ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hungry

HSC
I mean for HSC. Did we need to know any theorists? It's not in the textbook but we did work on them towards the last few lessons.

Tink

HSC
Conflict theorists: guys like Marx who believe conflict fuels societal development.

Evolutionists: the guys that believe in social Darwinism; August Comte, I think, is one.

Functionalists: Can't remember what they do, but Parsons is a functionalist theorist. I hate functionalism.

One of my trial questions was on theorists; you can get a theorist question in the HSC.

futuremidwife

HSC
Uni Grad
Conflict theorists: guys like Marx who believe conflict fuels societal development.

Evolutionists: the guys that believe in social Darwinism; August Comte, I think, is one.

Functionalists: Can't remember what they do, but Parsons is a functionalist theorist. I hate functionalism.

One of my trial questions was on theorists; you can get a theorist question in the HSC.
They won't ask you a biography about the theorist though. They'll most likely ask to outline a theory, and apply it to a country seeing as they haven't asked that in 2 years. Thats about as far as they can go I think.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)