Mini PIP Ideas (1 Viewer)

pingas1234

HSC
Hello, this is my first time posting here and I would love some help
I am in Year 11 have been recently given my mini-PIP and am not sure on what topic to do it on. I'm thinking of doing it on Video Games or Japanese culture (anime/manga), but I'm struggling to find specific topics in them. I've found a thread on here from 2010 with some ideas for video games but I'm afraid that would be too outdated. I would appreciate some ideas for games and anime, thank you.

doggossigh

HSC
The way people percieve video games/ anime, stereotypes assosciated with them ?
Not sure haha, good luck !

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
- effect of anime/manga on identity/development of one's identity
- what does the spread of anime/manga say about globalisation?
- the effect of anime/manga on gender stereotypes/perception of female body type (I think these would be particularly interesting - it is a common topic, but its a mini pip + if its high quality then thats all that matters)

- do video games promote violence?
- effect of video games on one's identity development
- are society's perceptions of video games accurate?

pingas1234

HSC
Ooh, the stereotype and female body type one would be interesting. Video game violence would be really good since it is a recurring thing and may go with society's perceptions. Do you have any tips for me to keep in mind? Thanks!

Last edited:

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
I think the main thing to keep in mind with any kind of PIP is to remain impartial - you can refer to your own experiences, but avoid any kind of projection of your opinion onto your PIP
Also, get your PIP done early. I wrote my entire mini pip the night before it was due and it was probably one of the worst decisions I've ever made

pingas1234

HSC
Sorry for the super late reply, I asked a teacher and now I'm doing Sexualisation of Females in video games.

pingas1234

HSC
Not sure if I am asking in the right place but I'm finding it difficult in creating a hypothesis for my topic and what should I be relating it to. Thanks in advance

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't think you necessarily need a hypothesis for this topic, however you could simply refer to your own opinions and experiences (e.g. "I have seen lots of/little sexualisation of females in video games" or "I believed that this issue effected ____ through ___")

Concepts this topic could be related to are: gender, culture, power, values and beliefs, and technology

I hope I'm being helpful in some way ahaha

pingas1234

HSC
For culture, I could do Japanese culture and Japanese games, or I could do comparing males and females

spaghettii

HSC
Uni Grad
Culture as a concept could simply be the way women are viewed in the West and/or in Japan

For your cross-cultural component, either of what you suggested will be good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)