PIP mark (1 Viewer)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
As much as we hate the PIP, what do you predict that you going to get out of 30 for this all important project??

I think i'll get around 25 out of 30.:(

HSC
well i dislike to predict what marks i will get for anything... it's so futile.....
My teacher says my PIP is outstanding, however she may say that to everyone...who knows...
Don't think about it though...
I'll read yours if you want advice or anything though....i loooove this subject :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
It's not lame. If you look at it, 25/30 = 83% ------ Band 5 therefore, :(
I want a Band 6!

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
Apparently 25 / 30 is considered by both markers and teachers to be a high mark. And regardless of the percentage, you will only have lost five marks over all, and won't be stuck in a badly-scaling percentile because of it.

Apparently full marks is impossible because all the markers are picky ex-sociologists. uughgh.

I am going to get between 16 and 21 /30. (hah, if I ever finish.)

Mike85

Hey people,
EVeryone loves my PIP, but I honestly don't know, this is such a subjective subject, so I'll just have to wait and see... I think between 27-29, though it all depends on the markers.
My teacher marks PIP's and says it is possible to get 30, though I do think it's a rarity.
Hey Gloria, do you go to Hornsby? Send me a message if you are, and I'll add you to MSN... I know lots of your friends
TTYL
-Oh and if anyone wants to swap PIP/ give each other advice, that'd b cool... just send me a message

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
Spinsugar: (hi head!)

haha, no, but they all WENT to uni.

I wouln't say it's impossible, rather... difficult. Like, how is it even possible to synthesise the supposed years worth of research with perfect sociological language with personal involvement (that is, the complexities of our deep deeeeep trauma, like Jo's!) AND the log AND social and cultural literacy.

I almost don't WANT 100%, it would be an insult!

*thankyou Personal Interest Project, for my new found socially and culturally literate self*

spin spin sugar

it's gotta be big
HSC
Originally posted by gloria*
I wouln't say it's impossible, rather... difficult. Like, how is it even possible to synthesise the supposed years worth of research with perfect sociological language with personal involvement (that is, the complexities of our deep deeeeep trauma, like Jo's!) AND the log AND social and cultural literacy.
all within 6000 words! totally impossible.

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
Best play up the sympathy factor,

"Yarr, it's about, umm, rurrral people. About, how they're, umm, disadvantaged, or something?".

haleseyrocks

I was glad to see that in your other messages that there are many people who are like my class.

We only have about two weeks left until the PIP is due and most of my class have only finished an Introduction.

I have personally finished my log to date (which is way over 500 words- needs super culling) and have completed my Introduction.

My topic is my Grandmother, My Mum and Me and the relationships between mother and daughter, focusing on what core topics of the course, such as time, authority, society, environment etc, have affected the nature of those relationships over time.

Good Luck to everyone. I hope you don't need it as much as I do.

Mike85

I'm doing mine on how we choose role models and their importance within society, focusing on our expectations of them and how they impact on an individuals beliefs and values over time. My focus question is:
How does the importance, effectiveness and choice of role models change over time
Mine's due next Monday so that it can be bounded..... it's all finished, but I'm still nervous... Aaaaaaaarrrrrrggggggh!!!!!!!!

Mike85

Oh, and spin spin sugar, we do EXACTLY the same subjects except I also do History Extension. I live in Oatley too, though I dont go to the campus... How funny....
Do you do Postmodernism for ext1?
Anyhoo, send me a message sometime, twould be good to talk.

haleseyrocks

I'm totally freaking out. Our whole class doesn't even do work. It's like having a free in a classroom supervised by a teacher.
It's the first time our teacher is teaching it.
We're all going to come the worst in the state so you guys have nothing to worry about.
I'm stressing out because i've also got my Art "body of work" to finish before the trials start.

Good Luck everyone!!!!!!!!

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Our final product is due on Thrusday. and are sent to BOS on the following Monday :)

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Except 90% of our class haven't finish yet. :(
I feel sorry for them because it really is hard to cram every in 1 week. (The PIP is a whole year of work!!)

Honestly, tell me people. HOW MANY OF YOU ACTUALLY DID THE PIP DURING THE WHOLE YEAR, NOT FINISHING IT IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS??

Mike85

I did mine fairly consistently over the year... though i really started to pull my socks up in March. That's when i got really serious, and I had my Central Material all written in early June so since then I've just been editing and improving it.
I'm so glad it's over forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(what will i do with my time? :p)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)