Practical (1 Viewer)

pzeait

HSC
What type of practicals are open for us to do for an assessment. I have a double period and in a couple of weeks where we complete two practicals but hasn't given us a clue on to what they will be. "From the top of my head I have about 30 I can pick 2 from" is what he said. ANy common pracs outside of the swinging pendulum?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
There's like only 3 pracs in space i think

1. Pendulum
2. Projectile motion
3. Inertial and non-inertial reference frames

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
You can just hang a mass from your finger attached to a string and walk at constant speed vs accelerate to observe the difference :)
I assume they would be doing it in a classroom so there wouldn't be much space for multiple students to be walking around

Amundies

Commander-in-Chief
HSC
Uni Grad
Hahaha that would look so weird to the passer-by... 25 students walking around with a pendulum-like thing attached to their finger.

Pendulum and projectile motion are way more likely to be assessed though, there's more to discuss and there's more maths to do.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
You can also get pracs where you can simulate gravitational attraction using magnets and metal, or how a rocket works in space using a balloon powered small cart as a simulation.

The above two are more qualitative and might ask for a graph or something rather than calculations. So maybe ask your teacher if you are going to get more qualitative or quantitative type experiments. Will definitely help to brush up on your skills in terms of graphs, calculations, etc.

You could also even have momentum collisions if your teacher wanted to really go that far, involving elastic, partially inelastic and completely inelastic collisions of planets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)