Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By pikachu975
  • 2 Post By jazz519

Thread: Special Relativity

HSC

Special Relativity

Hey,

Just covered special relativity in class today, and me and some of my classmates were wondering if this principle is obeyed equally by all electromagnetic waves, such as gamma rays and x-rays?
    HSC 2018

Maths Ext 1 - Maths Ext 2 - English Adv - Physics - Chemistry

ATAR Goal - 96.00 - B Laws at UTS

HSC

Re: Special Relativity

Quote Originally Posted by supR View Post
    Hey,

Just covered special relativity in class today, and me and some of my classmates were wondering if this principle is obeyed equally by all electromagnetic waves, such as gamma rays and x-rays?
    Yep since all EM waves are 'light'
    30june2016 likes this.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy my books/notes cheaply here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

2017 HSC Subjects: Eng Adv / 3u+4u Maths / Bio /Phys
    ATAR: 99.75

HSC

Hey,

Yeah I guess so although I haven't seen much questions that related special relativity to gamma rays etc
    2017 HSC: Eng (Adv.) · 3U Math · 4U Math · Chem · Phys · Bio

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by captainhelium View Post
    Yeah I guess so although I haven't seen much questions that related special relativity to gamma rays etc
    Yeah basically because gamma rays are light, light = carried by photons and all EMR is carried by photons

Uni Course: Actuarial Studies and Statistics at MQ -- PM me if you have questions

HSC

Hey,

Yep as pikachu said all EM waves are light. Just a tip include this at the start of all ur answers on these topics:
    - Light is an EM oscillation
    - Light is a self-sustaining mutual generation of E and B fields
    (these are covered later on in the ideas to implementation topic however the way to make answers differentiated it is good to combine content from more than one topic as it shows a deeper understanding)
    99.70 Notes + Free Technique Sheet: http://tinyurl.com/jazz519notes
    Tutoring: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...-tutoring.html
    2016 - Eng Adv(97) | Chem(93) | 2U(98) | 3U(48) | Phys(94) | Bus(94)
    ATAR: 99.70 Dux[/SIZE]
    2017 - UNSW Adv. Science (Hons) (Chem) (AAA scholarship & The Late Stephen Robjohns Science Scholarship)
    Chem, Maths, English Tutor

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by jazz519 View Post
    Yep as pikachu said all EM waves are light. Just a tip include this at the start of all ur answers on these topics:
    - Light is an EM oscillation
    - Light is a self-sustaining mutual generation of E and B fields
    (these are covered later on in the ideas to implementation topic however the way to make answers differentiated it is good to combine content from more than one topic as it shows a deeper understanding)
    Also you can notice that they all do obey special relativity as they all travel at the speed of light which is a postulate.

Thread Information