2016 Engineering Studies (1 Viewer)

DK-Engineer

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi all, would like to know who are the brave ones undertaking Engineering Studies for the 2016 Preliminary and HSC.

Tell us about:
- your frustrations learning the subject
- any fears you're experiencing or worried about
- what do you want to achieve out of the subject
- your dreams after the HSC

For those who are guest users on bored of studies and studying this subject, I highly recommend you create an account and make yourself known.

I was once a high school and uni engineering student, now I'm an Engineer. Yes engineering is a difficult subject and the drop out rates are high. The best way to get through this, is together. We all start at the bottom of the ladder and our desire and determination, we learn, grow and overcome these challenges.

So lets discuss.

kashkow

HSC
Hey there,

I'm doing ES HSC this year (see sig)! It's fun, but also hard at times, especially in prep for exams.

Good luck to anyone else out there who's doing it!

DK-Engineer

HSC
Uni Grad
Thanks for your input with this matter.

During my 2008 HSC, ES was the most difficult subject but also interesting.

This year, I visited my high school ES teacher and attended other schools to discuss the students' experience with learning the subject. The concepts are still challenging for students to understand, especially the mechanics. I believe this is due to lack of support compared to other HSC subjects.

You can find plenty of books, notes and study groups for the common subjects but with ES, it is very limited.

Those who are studying this and want to get into engineering as a career, it will be very rewarding. You will be the ones who get to find out and work on cool projects before they are seen in public.

Hope you all did well in your Trials and all the best in preparation for the Finals.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)