project blues (1 Viewer)

darshil

Replicant
HSC
we got the major project, and to tell you the truth, i am really worried. How will i think like a project manager?, and how will i do well?. Everyone else seems fine, but i may be thinking too much.

Any help on how i can achieve the best in this is really appreciated.
Thanks y'all

HSC
The best way to do well is to work consistently over the time of the project, spread it out and don't leave it to the last minute. Also its a good idea to record what you are doing with screen shoots and stuff because its a massive pain to undo your work to take progress shots (coming from experience). Working consistently will give you time to improve your project and always be on the lookout for new software that will help you make it heaps cool.
Most importantly don't freak out cause then you cant work to the best of your abilities :headbang:

darshil

Replicant
HSC
Thanks ! Im going to be doing a money management system for my mums small business and it looks like the feasible solution is an excel spreadsheet. Thats not too basic is it?

HSC
Sounds good but be sure like you said not to make it basic, use lots of links, formulas and graphs that update or something
a good idea is also to make a help guide or user guide using a program such as robo demo. It records what you press on the screen and allows you to make a short movie you could then have a link on the spread sheet
any way these are just ideas and i am sure you will come up with heaps more as time goes on and you start to work through the project
Any way good luck with it all

darshil

Replicant
HSC
Thanks ! I actually talked to my clients (my parents hahha) and with the info provided, its looking like its gotta be a databse, and ill make relational and make a great form. Hey that robo demo is a great idea ! Thanks a truckload, seriously.

alcalder

Just ask for help
HSC
N/A
Can I suggest, that if you are to be a project manager, then you need a project management plan.

You will need to recognise the various parts of the project and plan for when they need to be started and finished. A Gannt chart is a good tool for this and it also helps you track your own progress.
Gantt chart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But there are other methods:
Program Evaluation and Review Technique - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One can plan anything using this (weddings, HSC study, Projects).

Hope that helps.

Oh, and make your Excel spreadsheet as interesting and general as you can, while also being specific and functional. Program in VBA behind the spreadsheet for further complexity. Excel is a very powerful tool if properly utilised. I programmed a whole Netball draw creating program using it! It make draws, umpiring schedules and scoresheets at the press of a button!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)