Thread: Excel HSC book?

Banned
    HSC
    N/A

Excel HSC book?

I just bought the IPT excel book today today because my friend told me it is an excellent books for revision of the course...

So far its good, but its gotta be missing some details. In Project Management, topic 1 of the course, theres a section in another IPT book (a 400 page in depth textbook) about choosing system development approaches.. such as Agile, traditional, outsourcing etc.

Excel HSC book MAKES NO MENTION of system development approaches... which is really making me question how useful they are as revision guides

Anyone agree that these Excel books kinda suck? Or is it possible that system development approaches could be in another chapter?

HSC

Re: Excel HSC book?

The Excel HSC book is based on the old syllabus so there are some things which aren't important and some things that haven't been included - it's probably best to just look at the syllabus in conjunction with it
    btw what textbook are you using?
    IPT | Business Studies | SOR II | Biology | English Advanced | Mathematics
    HSC 2O1O ~ 87.6 =)

Banned
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Brontecat View Post
    The Excel HSC book is based on the old syllabus so there are some things which aren't important and some things that haven't been included - it's probably best to just look at the syllabus in conjunction with it
    btw what textbook are you using?
    Samuel Davis... its retarded

600 pages, walls of text...

HSC

Haha, our teacher has all the textbooks. She is always saying that Davis is WAY to complex for the HSC course and she sometimes feels like strangling him. His diagrams are like...
    English Advanced | IPT | SDD | Business | General Maths | Croatian [86]

ATAR AIM:
    90+

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Chromatic View Post
    I just bought the IPT excel book today today because my friend told me it is an excellent books for revision of the course...

So far its good, but its gotta be missing some details. In Project Management, topic 1 of the course, theres a section in another IPT book (a 400 page in depth textbook) about choosing system development approaches.. such as Agile, traditional, outsourcing etc.

Excel HSC book MAKES NO MENTION of system development approaches... which is really making me question how useful they are as revision guides

Anyone agree that these Excel books kinda suck? Or is it possible that system development approaches could be in another chapter?
    Yes, the Excel book is quite limited with some of its explanations. Like Brontecat mentioned have the new version of the syllabus open and then flick through your textbook to find the relevant information.

When I completed my HSC last year, I didn't just rely on one textbook I used a combination of Excel, Heinemann and a couple of notes photocopied by our teacher from the Samuel Davis book.

Hang in there and you''ll be fine as it is the first year with the new changes to the syllabus.
    HSC 2009: General Mathematics | English Advanced | Senior Science | CAFS | IPT| D&T MM
    Graduate: Bachelor. of Education Studies
    Current Studies: Bachelor. of Dementia Care | Bachelor. of Behavioural Studies. (Major. Psychology, Minor Sociology)

Banned
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Makdadddy View Post
    Haha, our teacher has all the textbooks. She is always saying that Davis is WAY to complex for the HSC course and she sometimes feels like strangling him. His diagrams are like...
    Agreed

Banned
    HSC
    N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Kat92 View Post
    Yes, the Excel book is quite limited with some of its explanations. Like Brontecat mentioned have the new version of the syllabus open and then flick through your textbook to find the relevant information.

When I completed my HSC last year, I didn't just rely on one textbook I used a combination of Excel, Heinemann and a couple of notes photocopied by our teacher from the Samuel Davis book.

Hang in there and you''ll be fine as it is the first year with the new changes to the syllabus.
    Sweet, guess ill be using the excel book, davis book and teachers notes while keeping the syllabus open to make my way through this year

HSC

i so agree with the davis book it's so irritating having all this information that i barely understand and then the teacher lets me know that its way to in-depth and that i should use some study notes that she made that are heaps simpler and easier to understand - so what's this heinemann one that's mentioned? would it be worth buying?
    IPT | Business Studies | SOR II | Biology | English Advanced | Mathematics
    HSC 2O1O ~ 87.6 =)

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Brontecat View Post
    i so agree with the davis book it's so irritating having all this information that i barely understand and then the teacher lets me know that its way to in-depth and that i should use some study notes that she made that are heaps simpler and easier to understand - so what's this heinemann one that's mentioned? would it be worth buying?
    The Heinemann textbook is a bit out of date with some of the newer syllabus items. However, it is very clear and concise with its examples and diagrams. It also includes various topic tests and exercises throughout so as you can slowly practise the topic at your own pace. I have tried to upload the PDF version for you all however there is an intermittment fault even though it is in the recommend file size range. Regardless, even if you can't get a PDF copy from the internet, it would be worth having a look at and purchasing it if you believe that it will help you with your studies.

-Heinemann Information Processes and Technology Prelim Course GK. Powers.
    -Heinemann Information Processses and Technology HSC Course GK. Powers.

* Check out the cheap IPT textbooks thread as someone is selling them for $10 there.*
    Last edited by Kat92; 23 Feb 2010 at 9:43 AM.
    HSC 2009: General Mathematics | English Advanced | Senior Science | CAFS | IPT| D&T MM
    Graduate: Bachelor. of Education Studies
    Current Studies: Bachelor. of Dementia Care | Bachelor. of Behavioural Studies. (Major. Psychology, Minor Sociology)

HSC
    N/A

Does anyone have the .pdf of the excel ipt study guide?

my teacher said we'd be able to find it online but i can't.

Thread Information