Project management (1 Viewer)

vaugh

HSC
N/A
I have a exam coming up, and i need someone to clarify some stuff to me
What is a system analyst?
Define agile methods?(system development approach)

Lwaxana

Betazed Ambassador
HSC
N/A
System analyst?? you need to look harder in any textbook
I grant that some explanations of agile could be confusing so am willing to share this.

Advantages of traditional (structured/waterfall) model are:

- simple, easy to understand and use as the phases are processed and completed one at a time with deliverables and review process.

- easy to manage due to the rigidity of the model and suited to projects where requirements are very well understood

Disadvantages of traditional model:

- difficult to go back and change something - very risky

- no working software is produced until late during the life cycle so not a good model for complex and object-oriented projects or long ongoing projects.

Advantages of Agile model:

- customer satisfaction by rapid, continuous delivery of useful software with constant interaction between developers, testers and customers.

- regular adaptation to changing circumstances.

Disadvantages of Agile model:

- difficult to assess the effort required at the beginning of the life cycle.

- emphasis is not on design and documentation.

- suited to only capable senior programmers as projects can be easily side tracked.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
System analyst?? you need to look harder in any textbook
I grant that some explanations of agile could be confusing so am willing to share this.

Advantages of traditional (structured/waterfall) model are:

- simple, easy to understand and use as the phases are processed and completed one at a time with deliverables and review process.

- easy to manage due to the rigidity of the model and suited to projects where requirements are very well understood

Disadvantages of traditional model:

- difficult to go back and change something - very risky

- no working software is produced until late during the life cycle so not a good model for complex and object-oriented projects or long ongoing projects.

Advantages of Agile model:

- customer satisfaction by rapid, continuous delivery of useful software with constant interaction between developers, testers and customers.

- regular adaptation to changing circumstances.

Disadvantages of Agile model:

- difficult to assess the effort required at the beginning of the life cycle.

- emphasis is not on design and documentation.

- suited to only capable senior programmers as projects can be easily side tracked.
Great response.

The thing which this reminds me is it's funny how many concepts I learnt in IPT which I still apply in my professional life as an accountant having to work with various people in IT and help them understand the accounting requirements behind the different stages of software development/capitalisation. That, and flow charts.

Jeleina

HSC
Defining milestones previous to beginning will be the way to method. This can help a person in keeping up with the plan, deadlines in addition to ensuring the client will be very happy with advancement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)