Any fellow IPT peepz? (1 Viewer)

astroman

HSC
so my 2015er engineering studies thread failed so i'm hoping to find out whether IPT has any hope.

astroman

HSC
how was the HSC ipt course? any assignments that are common amongst all schools?

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
how was the HSC ipt course? any assignments that are common amongst all schools?
It's actually not a bad course if you apply yourself to it, i really enjoyed going to class and stuff during the later half of the year. Don't let yourself fall behind though, if you fall behind the class on content it will become your most hated subject very quickly.

As for assignments, you will likely get an assignment where you have to analyze/create an information system, if you get an assignment like follow the davis textbook very, very closely. I did that and got 100/100 for said assignment.

As for topics in the level of how fun i found them (1 = most fun)
1. DSS
2. Multimedia
3. Information Systems and Databases
4. Project Management
5. Communication Systems

And the difficulty (1= most difficult)
1. Communication Systems
2. Information Systems and Databases
3. DSS
4. Multimedia
5. Project Management

My main advice for you is consistent effort. Listen in class constantly and go over your notes every once in a while, link your IPT knowledge to real life for concepts you find hard to understand and they become really easy to understand. I managed to pull a 94% in the CSSA trial without studying through doing just this

Last edited:

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Some schools do a major project, and others dont. If you are, find out how your teacher marks before hand and decide on what your doing wayyy before 2015 starts so you have a good idea.
I had 2 IPT teachers at my sschool- a nice one and a strict one. The strict one was marking all the major assignments. At first i was making a movie for my assignment - somehting i really love - and hten i found out that the strict teacher HATED movies. She would mark them REALLY harshly. So halfway i ended up making a database. Just like everyone else. SHe ended up marking 23 databases and was very happy (with mine at least! hehe). I didnt have as much time to make the database but i did put in double the effort but if i hadnt spent half the time (3months) making a movie, it would've been much less stressful and time consuming.

Also what option topics are you doing? I did TPS and Multimedia. TPS is booooring as crap but its a really short topic, you dont need to learn much and so many people do it (60% of all IPTers) that if you do well, you'll be ranked at the top with the really good people, because there will be more not-as-good people doing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)