Ipt 2014 (1 Viewer)

houda

HSC
any predictions ???

what topic do you dislike/like the most

Ronaldinho10

HSC
TPS worst and don't really like any of them haha but i'd choose databases if i had to.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
its not a topic really, but i HATE social/ethical issues. Just the fact you have to make them up in the test when your common sense is out the window...
My teacher has a 'feeling' augmented reality will be in the test, if you do multimedia.

trapizi

╰(゜Д゜)╯
HSC
its not a topic really, but i HATE social/ethical issues. Just the fact you have to make them up in the test when your common sense is out the window...
My teacher has a 'feeling' augmented reality will be in the test, if you do multimedia.
^

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
True, but sometimes my elementary knowledge doesnt want to be part of the huge amount of IPT syllabus crap, and i end up writing about 'sleep deprivation caused by holegraphic messages because people would call each other randomly in the middle of the night.' wrote that in my trials and still got a mark somehow.

MrInoeverthin

HSC
Uni Grad
I believe IPT shouldn't be to difficult for the upcoming exam. I recommend (I am also doing the subject myself), that you gain a full understanding of all your core subjects, as well as the options based off the syllabus. Make extensive notes, and understand how every concept works, and the drawings included (DFD's, context diagrams, decision trees and tables, Gantt chart etc.) Make sure you have examples, since many questions wouldn't ask for them, but examples would reinforce your answer. Gain a basic understanding on social and ethical issues within all the topics, and yes, this could also include elementary knowledge and making up shit on the spot l0l.

P.S. IPT isn't difficult, just read the question, and answer it, that's all that it requires. Good luck to everyone doing the IPT exam on Thursday, and get them SR's!

Last edited:

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
I believe IPT shouldn't be to difficult for the upcoming exam. I recommend (I am also doing the subject myself), that you gain a full understanding of all your core subjects, as well as the options based off the syllabus. Make extensive notes, and understand how every concept works, and the drawings included (DFD's, context diagrams, decision trees and tables, Gantt chart etc.) Make sure you have examples, since many questions wouldn't ask for them, but examples would reinforce your answer. Gain a basic understanding on social and ethical issues within all the topics, and yes, this could also include elementary knowledge and making up shit on the spot l0l.

P.S. IPT isn't difficult, just read the question, and answer it, that's all that it required. Good luck to everyone doing the IPT exam on Thursday, and get them SR's!
I'll just add to this and stress that if anyone is making a last minute effort, concepts >>> straight content knowledge. For example you are better off knowing what TCP/IP does than its definition

astroman

HSC
guy's just asking if any1 of u r gonna sell ur notes on BOS after HSC?

Katsumi

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
HSC
N/A
how many pages did u write for your IPT notes???
Originally went crazy with notes and had ~80 pages covering every syllabus point for the first 3 core topics. Then my notes got wiped and i stopped caring then my rank went from 7th to 3rd so i figured that what i'm doing now works so i don't have that many notes. (i mean like when i actually cared my internal marks where 84% and 85% and when i stopped caring the next 3 tasks where 100%, 99% and 94%)

25 notes summary for both Info Systems and Databases and Com Systems
15 pages on multimedia systems
10 pages on DSS
3 pages on project management

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)