Is it possible to mend broken friendships? (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Is it possible to mend a friendship with a person whom you've had a falling out with?
2. Even if an attempt is made by either parties to repair it with some sort of maturity, does it ever go back to the way it was ever before?

*THis seemed like the most relevant section to put it in*

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
1. Yes, but only time will tell. In some cases, it might take a few days. In other cases, it might take a few weeks or a year.
2. Depends on the willingness of both sides to make it the way it used to be. Usually, I think one side wants it to be the same but the other side doesn't bother.

Anyways, I'm no expert but I think time is the key here.

mreditor16

HSC
1. Is it possible to mend a friendship with a person whom you've had a falling out with?
2. Even if an attempt is made by either parties to repair it with some sort of maturity, does it ever go back to the way it was ever before?

1. definitely. some of my fractured friendships were addressed in such a way that they actually become some of my strongest.

2. sometimes it doesnt

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A
depends what the falling out was over

Ekman

HSC
Disagreement / argument
1. My friends and I have arguments all the time, yet we remain as friends, even during the stress of the HSC. Having frequent arguments has allowed my friends and I to understand each other's perspectives about certain issues. So in my opinion, a relationship without an argument is not a solid or worthwhile relationship

2.It can go either way, the relationship could end up being better than it was before, or it could become more awkward and worse. It really depends on how much either party is willing to reconcile with each other.

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC

1) Yes it is possible as long as both of you can come to a compromise regarding the issue that may have sparked this falling out

2) If the above is successful then yes over time it will go back to the way it was, but if not then things might get awkward between you and the friend

Apologies for the terrible 12vie advice

I hope everything turns out alright between you and the friend!

Gary_Oak

Taking a Piss
HSC
Fuck no, im unforgiving....

Just kidding, but its depends on things

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
I'm thinking of breaking a friendship, cause i feel like this kent is taking the piss right out of me.

PLC2K14

HSC
Lettuce chill xD

Sometimes its just better moving on, and making new friends ^_^

Or just accept full responsibility; two stubborn people get nowhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)