When your brother is unbelievably rude... (1 Viewer)

MathsWizard

HSC
Yo, so my brother and I usually fight and I guess most siblings do - I mean it's our nature. However, my brother can get pretty bad when the arguments get heated. Like today I was just sitting down on the couch when he just randomly brought up something to do with his friend getting bullied and how he went and "defended him". He went on to say that my friends wouldn't even do that for me and that my life is messed up-god knows how it came to that. Anyways, I got pretty annoyed so I told him he was being stupid. Before I knew it he was holding his cup full of soda and titling towards me. He said call me stupid again and I'll do it. I was pretty annoyed so I just said something to him and he just tipped his soda all over me. I just sat there confused as he cussed at me and told me that I'm not even related to him and whatnot.
Anyways, my question is how do I deal with this? His anger levels go from 5 to 120 real quick and tbh I cant even be bothered anymore so I just sit there confused and wait till I calm down just in case I do anything stupid.
Thanks, and sorry making this so long.

Flop21

HSC
How old is he, and how old are you?

MilkyCat_

HSC
Sorry but your brother sounds like a right twat

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC
Ur bro is angsty af sock him in the balls or something

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Ello1234

HSC
Is he alway like this?

Maybe he's just really stressed now.

Flop21

HSC
This is awks cause he's 15 and I'm 17 (I know, I know)
Yeah well that's even more unfortunate IMO. He will always be in the right since he's younger, you're older.

Don't touch him, ESPECIALLY when you turn 18. He might use this against you, and maybe even be hoping for it. Because obviously once you turn 18, you'll be attacking a minor if you do do anything back - and you'll be screwed.

So try and tough it out, I'm sorry this is happening, you're parents should be doing more to prevent this and stop it. If something is happening, go to your room. If he follows, lock yourself in, or lock yourself in the bathroom or something. Try to ignore him, or speak calmly.

Maybe think about moving out next year if you're currently in year 12, and stay on campus for uni?

Don't worry, I've been in a similar position with my younger sibling. Actually quite the same, except the genders are reversed.

psyc1011

#truth
HSC
I was in your situation and had to escape into a locked room when he (sibling) erupts. OVER time, the bitch learns to behave when you reason with him.
I ask "Why are you angry" and he responds stunned and dumbstruck.

I hope this helps :p

Last edited:

MathsWizard

HSC
And psyc1011, I ask him that too but everytime he replies saying that I made him angry first (childish I know)... He's extremely immature

psyc1011

#truth
HSC
And psyc1011, I ask him that too but everytime he replies saying that I made him angry first (childish I know)... He's extremely immature
My parent's involvement and mediation process significantly reduce this problem, there were times (2-3) when he couldnt control himself while our parents were home, he would spit out profanity and demanded by death then attempted to fight me D: (no harm since retreat was the best strategy)

yeah it's hard. I had trouble fixing the problem so I went on to prevent it. That means not teasing him, poking him, do nothing to disturb him. It was so hard because I gained so much pleasure annoying the heck out of him!

He's matured a bit now, so it's all good. I still annoy him every now and then

MathsWizard

HSC
My parent's involvement and mediation process significantly reduce this problem, there were times (2-3) when he couldnt control himself while our parents were home, he would spit out profanity and demanded by death then attempted to fight me D: (no harm since retreat was the best strategy)

yeah it's hard. I had trouble fixing the problem so I went on to prevent it. That means not teasing him, poking him, do nothing to disturb him. It was so hard because I gained so much pleasure annoying the heck out of him!

He's matured a bit now, so it's all good. I still annoy him every now and then
Tbh I'm pretty annoyed with my parents bc they never intervene to resolve the issue- most times its to just get us to shut up. And yeah, hopefully he'll become more mature...

Last edited:

Drsoccerball

HSC
Okay if you want constructive advice here it is:
1 reason he could be giving you shit is because you're giving him shit. If you are you should stop so he respects you more. Younger brothers hate being ordered around and spoken in a demanding and harsh tone. Try being nice even if hes a douche. The only reason someone does something is to get a reaction. If you don't react he wont get the joy he wants and therefore would eventually stop. Whatever you do DONT get angry. Address him with a smile if he's trying to give you shit and help him if hes in trouble and it would be in his innate nature to stop biting the hand that feeds him... Hope this would work for you, its worked for many people.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)