Long Distance Relationships (1 Viewer)

bex

HSC
long distance....

do you think it works?
anyone in one/ been in one?
i want to hear stories!

HSC
i'd probably wouldn't take up the offer if i was given the chance...it's man's nature to cheat :D
not that i would though ;)

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
ahhh this thread stopped mee...i was just abt to get off to study.. aniwayz before i go... here is a lil story...

distance suck if ur the sorta person who needs the physical aspect in a relaitonship..... eg: cuddles/kisses etc. like i can talk to him forever on the phonebut its not the same. i would rather hug him for like 5 minz than talking for an hr... thatz just me.

my guy was at canberra and he was gonna move to syd in abt a yr or so.... even though we both got along realli well and he is realli decent and treats me like a princess...but at the end of the day it was relali hard for me cuz all my friends were all couplelised and that would make me miss him more... hence the distance problem intensifies...

i guess distance works for pplz who are 100% committed and is sure that he/she is the one and is not afraid to sacrifice the present for the future... but at that time i wasnt sure he is the one and i was sorta more or less testing the waters even hough i know he is realli special....

i think its important to distinguish lust from love... and also realise how much u like/love him..... i guess i blured my feelings for him by the simple fact that he realli loves me... that itself is v flattering.... though i have learnt that its relali important for urself to like him cuz u realli like him, not cuz of how much he loves you

i take relationships v srsli and hence dont like to get a bf just for the sake of having a bf..... having a bf is realli fun.. but a long distance one realli test ur feelings for each other.... and i must say its tougher than a normal relationship...for me i would rather b single than be with him and miss him heapz cuz of the distance factor.....

MoNNiE

HSC
currently i am in one.. it's very stressful not getting to touch or feel to person u feel so strongly about. we do talk on the phone everynight and as possible web cam with each other..to 'check' each other out.
but as TIB said.. [and i totally agree with her] 5 mins of hugging is worth 1hr of talking..
i miss my bf so much and i can't wait till he comes down on the 5th. however, we are still in our early stages of our relationship. aslong as youtrust your partner and u, urself is devoted to the relationship.. it's not too bad :)..

there is an upside to it.. my parents can't tell me off for paying more attention to my bf then to my studies :D

but then.. sometimes i'm scared he might be cheating on me.. but that slips out of my rather fast cus he doesn't seem the type

Last edited:

lengstar

HSC
i hope you two work out monnie
i've never been in that situation but i might be in a few years time.
my gf, if she goes back to her country after uni will probably not return and i have to decide what will become of our relationship. but i guess its too soon to think about it.

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I think long-distance only works when you're older and only if you're forced into it. You have a nice relationship for say 3yrs before employment etc forces you apart. In such a case it's more likely to work.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
how far is long distance?

what do you consider long distance? how far is too far? personally i think 2hrs is really quite far, 1h could be ok.

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
ummm, it depends how you know the person. I mean, like 2 hours seems all "whoa! thats aaaages away!", but if that person travels 2 hours to get to uni, and they know you through uni, i dont think it's a big deal, because chances are, they're gonna spend lots of time there/in the vicinity anyway. So it's not like you'd never see them. But then if it was more of a "i'm in sydney, they're in newcastle" thing or whatever, that may be a bit different ( i have no idea how far away time-wise newcastle is from syd, so excuse me if that was a really stuoid example)

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
Re: long distance....

Originally posted by bex
do you think it works?
anyone in one/ been in one?
i want to hear stories!
i think long distance relationships leave a lot of room for either partner to cheat and get away with it. I think that if you'd been going out with someone for a fair while, and one of you had to move away temporarily, it would work. If one of you had to move somewhere permanently however, i think there would be little point in continuing the relationship unless one of you was committed to moving to where the other person was. If you've only just met someone, and you find out that their place of residence is such that a long distance relationship would have to ensue, i think you've just gotta trust your instincts. If they tell you "this is the one", then by all means go for it, but if not....well then you're probably wasting your time, when there might be someone perfectly suited to you who lives not so far away.

wow. lots of "i think's" in there!

Navjeet

>^..^<
HSC
Originally posted by Asquithian
when they live on the otherside of sydney :(

why is every girl ive liked from the south or southwest...ive never had a think for a north shore girl...

i did have a thing for a girl from the north west for a little bit
awww, poor asquithian

*hugs asquithian*

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
this might sound naive.. but i know my guy will never cheat on mee... because he realli luves me and i wont cheat on him cuz i dont like making pplz feel shit.... which is the same reason why i always have trouble breaking it off....... cuz i dont like to see pplz get hurt.. and then i would reconcile with him.. and then the cycle begins.... i am one of those pplz who have trouble with breaking realtionships off....

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
i went out with a guy from tasmania! that's like...over water! might as well be overseas :p

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I reckon if you are trying to meet someone who happens to live long distance it won't work out that well, but of course it still can.

But if you already together then end up becoming long distance, then that is likely to work out well if you contact each other frequently.

Last edited:

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
lol yeah tassie is too far

yeah it'd be made less if you go to the same uni, because you see each other there, so that's true. i mean, meeting someone somewhere totally different and you having to go and visit them even 1 hr away could get tiring, but if you can supplement it with uni time then i suppose it's not so bad.

but yes i'm thinking over 1.5hrs can be considered long distance if you don't see each other anywhere else

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
there are some benefits with llong distance though...

...(don't ask me of any yet, i've gone blank :p)

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Originally posted by ~*HSC 4 life*~
there are some benefits with llong distance though...
When you meet it makes it feel more valuable.

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Ragerunner
When you meet it makes it feel more valuable.
:uhhuh:

but when they leave again it's like the crashing low after the ultimate high, which can suck majorly :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)