• No

Votes: 1,279 66.7%
  • Depends on the workload

Votes: 398 20.8%

• Total voters

skittished

SiMoN
HSC
What do you think about relationships during the hsc? break up? or...

Last edited by a moderator:

skittished

SiMoN
HSC
could i say both... *&%$#4 needs to study just like me however shes also miserabe as she dosent think i make the effort to see her, but in fact every opportunity i get i see her

~Dreamer

HSC
if your relationship can survive the hsc, youve passed the first test. if it survives the pressure of you two headed for different directions down your roads of educational choice, such as goign to different uni's, ur set for life

twiddla

Not a good idea - i saw one girl go to pieces and screw her entire english exam last year cos the bf dumped her a week pre the hsc. I believe as a result he started to feel guilty and that prob impacted his study as well!! - if u can prevent it then do so. It is best to work out an agreement to just not see each other for a while - how long is woah 5 weeks!

J

jhakka

If you break up before HSC, it's possible that one or both of you will be so miserable you won't be able to study or concentrate in exams.

If you feel you need to break up for the HSC period... that's just stupid. Sure you won't see each other as much, but why go through all the breakup crap?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i think its a bit slack, one of my friends got dumped a week before the hsc and she was so depressed over the whole period

olay

HSC
yeah it's prob a bit better to put it off til after if possible. minimal drama right now is prob what u guys both need.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
its a pretty stupid excuse for breaking up with someone, one of my friends boyfriends used "i think we should break up cos my mum said i have to study more"

miss_pie

HSC
my break up happened last tuesday and it sucks but it just kinda happened (after a year and a half it just kinda died in the arse) but i think it will be ok. i dont have 2 see him for 3 weeks so i can concentrate. this wasnt to do with the hsc or anything... it just happened now, not sure if its relevant to the thread but hey

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Nooooooo dont do it
I havent been able to study at all lately cos i cant concentrate cos i keep thinking about it and it makes me really sad then i go for a cry in the corner of my room and waste heaps of time and think ill study tomorow but the next day i do the same thing and yeah this is gona go on until the day of the HSC and im gona be screwed

A_J_Gray

Gee no need to break up, just use ure common sense and dont spend as much time with each other.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Why break up... it's only the HSC, it's not that important and you'll realise this in about March/April next year.

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i say.........dont. both of you need to do your best in the exams.. and ur probably not going to be able to do that if your both depressed and in 'break-up mode'

alby

cool duckie
HSC
i think if you can put a break up off until after the hsc, that's the way to go
if its a matter of not being able to study because of them, then a break's the way to go
if the relationship's really bad and you dont think it will bother you that much, then do it whenever you feel you're ready...

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
pfft.. i did it.. not good.. its bad for u in fact.. i see lots of ppl do it..

the break up will cause a loss of support u had prior.. understand tat they (person studying) needs time for themselves.. its a tough comprimise
but i think staying in a stable relationship is much better..

stress will be ure key concern..
depression is the other..
lost of close friends..

HSC is a big thing for most 16-18 yo understand u want to break up cos u 'think' it will allow more time to study/concentrate.. but this is a lie cos ull find something else to.. esp if ure partner is doing the HSC too
u need support.. and tellin them u are scared is the first steps so that they kno.. if ure partners in uni..tell them u feel they belittle u if they say "pftt - HSC thats easy" and let them understand .. they will remember.. rippin their hairs out.. esp high achievers..
being heartbroken or guilty helps noone.. its the grief cycle
if problems persist..
http://www.beyondblue.org.au/
or
physican.
or
talk to a friend.

about 20% of ppl will experience depression in their lives.. 1 in 4 women and 1 in 6 men.. dun become a statistic..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)