Would you have an abortion?

• Yes

Votes: 82 56.2%
  • No

Votes: 64 43.8%

• Total voters

frezzel

HSC
I'm sure this thread has already been posted somewhere before, but just because i am curious, would you have an abortion?

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
i personally wouldnt because its something i feel really strongly about. i dont think i would be able to live with myself.

SweetSeasons

HSC
I wouldn't... because I love babies lol... I dunno It's be hard to bring a kid up buit my family would help support me so no Iw ouldn't get an abortion. I am Pro Choice but

Lundy

Banned
HSC
No. I'm at an age now where I wouldn't consider aborting if I fell pregnant.

frezzel

HSC
brogan77 said:
Ladies, what if u got pregnant from rape?
Would u consider abortion in that situation?
absolutely...how would the child feel having a father who is a rapist and will never ever see him let alone know he exists. Also how should the woman be expected to cope? But once again, it depends on peoples personal opinion and their situation in life. I think everyone is entitled to make their own choices whether it be for or against abortion.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
brogan77 said:
Ladies, what if u got pregnant from rape?
Would u consider abortion in that situation?
Right now I'd say probably not, but if the situation actually occured I might feel differently about it.

frezzel

HSC
I think its very hard to predict how one would act when the choice arises (well for me anyway). In a few years i will could feel differently about the issue.

HSC
yeah i would do it.
i don't think i would be capable of bringing up a child at this age, and i want to be a careers woman not a mother.

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
frezzel said:
absolutely...how would the child feel having a father who is a rapist and will never ever see him let alone know he exists. .

not very good, but im sure theyd prefer it to being dead.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i'd have an abortion if i was female

im a fucking pussy, i couldnt put up with 20 years of parenting

Ranger Stacie

hollaback girl
HSC
brogan77 said:
Alright, another question:

Do u believe the decison to abort/have the child is equal for both the mother and father of the child (ie. they have an equal say since they have equal claim to the child) OR since it is the woman's body etc. the final decison is her's to make alone?

i think ultimately, the final decision is the womans, although the father definitley has a say. if i accidently got pregnant however, and the father didnt want any part of it, i wouldnt expect anything from the guy (eg money support)

frezzel

HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
not very good, but im sure theyd prefer it to being dead.
But are they really considered alive when they are aborted (within 12 weeks of conception)? I personally don't believe in abortions later than 12 weeks as the embryo at this stage can perform recognisable human things such as mutely cry and suck its thumb. http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcarticles.nsf/pages/Pregnancy_week_by_week?OpenDocument
Anyway after that rambling, in my opinion i think abortion after rape is acceptable and the pros outweigh the cons. However it all depends on the situation. The mother might have a perfectly loving family and might even find or have a partner that is willing to take on the child as his own and the child and mother might live to have a very happy life...as i said, it all depends on the individual and the situation, so it is hard to discuss it having no experience in these matters.

By the way sorry if i have offended anyone by expressing my opinions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)