Critical Response Idea: Cutting It Down (1 Viewer)

tassell

One groom? Two grooms?
HSC
I'm having trouble shaving down my critical response to a definite thesis. I want to write about The Simpsons, but I'm at a loss as where to go with it. There are so many paths I could take; my original idea was to assess contemporary cartoons and their relation to satire, which I decided would be too long. So I cut that down to my favourite yellow family of them all. I thought I would assess the lovely social satire The Simpsons provides, but now I'm confused: I realised the reason I wanted to do them is because of their notoriety and their status as a pop culture icon. Also, I've read (briefly) articles about philosophy in The Simpsons.

What do you guys reckon? Which direction do you think I could push my essay in? P.S I haven't started, no-one from our Ext 2 class has. Extension subjects are notorious for starting late at my school.

maddyure

HSC
Maybe have a look at how the Simpsons appropriates other texts and then take it from there. That way you could move into looking at a more traditional text which may impress the marking snobs, while still having an original idea.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)