Need help with a TITLE FOR MY STORY! Please help! (1 Viewer)

kate777

New Member
Joined
Apr 16, 2012
Messages
8
Gender
Female
HSC
2012
Hey everyone, I am having trouble coming up with a title for my major work, any suggestions are welcome :)

To give you a quick overview of my story;

It is a about a lady in a mental institution. The story switches between present day (her in the institution) and the past. In the paragraphs about her past it goes through different events in her life that contributed to her ending up in the institution. Things such as her uncle sexually abusing her, then her become depressed/ cutting herself/ eating disorders etc, her psychotic episodes at various times in her life and her abusive husband, stuff like that. The story is split perspective, switching between the institution doctor, the patient herself, the patients mother and the patients sister.

(I am well aware it is quite cliche but due to unforseen circumstances I only began writing my story a week ago :/ So no time to come up with a better storyline! Just hoping it is written well enough for the cliche not to matter to much!)


Anyway I have no idea what to call it! please help!!! :) thankyou
 

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
Joined
Sep 19, 2009
Messages
12,146
Gender
Male
HSC
2010
It's hard for people who haven't read the story to give it a title.

You have to read through it yourself, I think, and figure out a title. Because that title is the first thing the markers will read - and it has to be something striking, or interesting, and something that makes the markers go - when they finish reading - "Ohhhhhhhh... the title makes sense".
 

moriarty

New Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2012
Messages
15
Gender
Male
HSC
2012
asylum. (nice double meaning)

ad memoriam. (latin for 'in memory of' - relates to mentioned themes)
 

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top