Question about Short Story (1 Viewer)

Llewelly

HSC
Hey, i'm just wondering how much minor grammer errors could damage ones marks, in the short story. Thanks :)

deswa1

HSC
Hey, i'm just wondering how much minor grammer errors could damage ones marks, in the short story. Thanks :)
Umm, why would you have ANY grammar errors? You've had heaps of time to make it all perfect. I don't do EX2 but I'd imagine it would be too favourable- like it wouldn't matter for a few errors but if there's quite a few...

Maybe someone that does EX2 though can add more deets.

avro

HSC
It could make that 1 mark difference between an E3 or an E4. Or whether or not you manage to state rank. It's not looked on well, it needs to be practically perfect. However, I will assume that 1 very minor grammar issue won't make too much of a difference, but as I said, it can be that 1 mark difference...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
As long as it's not major, it shouldn't affect it. For example, I love using hyphens - I do it all the time. I don't know if it's grammatically correct - and who knows if it is, really - but... that just my -style-.

But doing thing's like putting apostrophe's in the wrong place's, or other things like that - then yes, you will lose a few marks. The reason is simple - you've had almost a year to write this thing, it should be very much close to perfect.

That said, I got a Band E4 in it - and sometimes I look at my work and I go "lol i can't believe that made it through", because either my wording was bad or I think once or twice, my grammar was off by a bit.

Llewelly

HSC
I get your joke! haha. Thanks :). Another question, does anyone know of anyone who has gotten a final mark for their major work that has been significantly lower than their 100% internal assessment mark?

Last edited:

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I get your joke! haha. Thanks :). Another question, does anyone know of anyone who has gotten a final mark for their major work that has been significantly lower than their 100% internal assessment mark?
Yep, I know a few. For instance, 49/50 internal for poetry and then a 39/50 externally. (Their mark ended up being the average of two)
It often happens at lower ranked schools where people are not used to marking EE2, and normally has a small candidature. I've seen it more commonly to have large discrepancies outside short stories and critical.

And it really shouldn't have typos because you're meant to have edited it extensively, I think no more than one or two before they'd start to let it affect you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)