need help with Reflection Statement (1 Viewer)

intim8.effect

HSC
Hi all,

for my Ext 2 i decided to write a film script. It was a completely fictional work which required no research to further develop it.

Thus I am having some difficulty with my reflection statement, as I have no research to reflect upon. The development of my work was purely and simply straight out of my head and was finished in a matter of weeks after starting the year.

Any hints or tips from anyone who has been in this situation before would help greatly!

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
intim8.effect said:
Hi all,

for my Ext 2 i decided to write a film script. It was a completely fictional work which required no research to further develop it.

Thus I am having some difficulty with my reflection statement, as I have no research to reflect upon. The development of my work was purely and simply straight out of my head and was finished in a matter of weeks after starting the year.

Any hints or tips from anyone who has been in this situation before would help greatly!

Well, im sure you would have had to do some research - maybe not about your topic, but things like how to write a script, effective techniques etc?

intim8.effect

HSC
actually, as surprised as I am, no I didn't do any research. I have seen scripts in the past, and I know the layouts etc from previous study in like yr10. So pretty much the whole thing was from memory and creativity :S

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
intim8.effect said:
actually, as surprised as I am, no I didn't do any research. I have seen scripts in the past, and I know the layouts etc from previous study in like yr10. So pretty much the whole thing was from memory and creativity :S
well, hasn't your teacher told you, that you need research? You might have to do some last minute research and just state that you used them, how it helped and why in you reflection statement - so basically your reflection will be all bull. You can also just say that you didnt need much research - for what ever reasons and only add in a few made up research things into the reflection.

Good luck! :)

intim8.effect

HSC
lol well indeed i guess i will have to fabricate my way through it. :) shouldn't be too hard, I'm a year 12 student, I should be good at making up excuses and things by now :D

thanks for your help :)

If i totally nail it i'll buy you a car, no jokes... or maybe just a drink...

you never know which one :)

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
intim8.effect said:
lol well indeed i guess i will have to fabricate my way through it. :) shouldn't be too hard, I'm a year 12 student, I should be good at making up excuses and things by now :D

thanks for your help :)

If i totally nail it i'll buy you a car, no jokes... or maybe just a drink...

you never know which one :)
hmm...i have a feeling, you'll be giving me a drink...lol

Well when my report was due - my journal had only 5 pages worth of *cough* research *cough* but overnight i filled up a bit less than half of it :D, stressful and tiring - yes, but i made it look as if i was productive through out the course - not taking a break for a second! It is hard to research - the same goes for my work. My topic was something i already had a lot of knowlegdge about - but because my teacher constantly said research was important...i borrowed some random books and movies, photo copied the pages, highlighted things and did little journal entries on them....EASY.

intim8.effect

HSC
lol, don't doubt me too much...just for that, your car will be cheap :p

Or maybe I'll mail your drink to you since you live far enough away :p

haha

hmm yeah I have been pretty lax with my journal, I'm just not a regular journal user type person. So every time an assessment or viva voce came along I fabricated my journal up to date the night before :D lol

I guess I will probably get a couple of books and websites about the structure of film and filmic techniques, and write a whole bunch of *truth* about how my independent research has impacted my major work and its development process. :) If only my EXT History was so easy!

lol

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Extension History? :burn:I dropped it! But i was really keen on continuing with it too. I really like the topic my major work was based on, but dammit this course is too damn time consuming and i can't seem to motivate myself to write a good essay when the assessments are worth only 3.3%. Bargh!

intim8.effect

HSC
lol i have a question for you... do you ever go to school? lol or are you online wherever you go?

I'm lucky I have a zillion study periods so I'm able to get on the net every now and then! :)

lol

EXT History is fun. I only chose to do it because I already had my major work planned out! :) And hopefully my topic will be as interesting to the markers as it was to me :)

lol I cant wait to hand in my EXT 2 and be done with it...then I can relax and stop stressing. All I have to worry about now is finding the money to afford my choice of tertiary education :( *sigh*

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Our trial exams ended today, but i finished on Monday - so i don't have to go to school until next monday. I'm finishing off my reflection statement now. I have 22 free periods...i wouldn't call them study periods, i have trouble studying when im at school...too many distractions.

If you're going to uni - won't hecs cover you?

intim8.effect

HSC
Technically where Im going is a private institution and thus hecs does not cover it :( sad i know :( lol

I was accepted to Sydney International Film School at the end of last term after sending them a portfolio of work. I could have dropped out of yr12 and started semester 2 at SIFS but I thought, I've come this far in yr12, I might as well finish!

lol you and your 22 "study" periods. Im at school every day from 7:30 - 6:00

that's enough to drive anyone mental!

lol oh you've just done your trials, we did ours last term :) what a relief that was :) but I'd much rather the time off at the moment.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
Being at school from 7:30 to 6:00 = :D Absolutely awesome :D

Hope that makes a difference :)

intim8.effect

HSC
well with sarcasm like that, how can i not be happy about being at school for almost 12 hours!

:)

and now my hand hurts from writing practice essays in extension english :(

ahh the follies of youth...or maybe just high school...

RhysAndrews

HSC
Interesting - our school won't shutup about how important research is. Research was an obstacle for me, because I just wanted to think of an idea and write it up and make it sound as cool as possible. I'm sure many people think the same way.

Unfortunately, the research is the most important bit apparently. You need to show that you've developed your thinking through extensive research.

Good news is there is a lot of research you do without realising. It's just a matter of linking it to your work.

Good luck
Regards
Rhys Andrews

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)