I have a Software assignment due next week and am stuck. Help appreciated. (1 Viewer)

shadowmercure

HSC
So I have to create a Math game for my Software class. It's meant to consist of 3 difficulty levels, print certificates and use leaderboard functionality. The teacher said this would not be difficult as he would give us lots of samples and examples. But! They are all in Visual Basic! I don't have a windows computer at home so I cannot use any of these samples! The only coding language I do know is HTML & CSS but neither of those can be used to code a functioning maths game. It's really frustrating as this assignment counts for 40%!! Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

keepLooking

HSC
I don't know what kind of game you are really talking about but it will be possible to make in the browser with just Javascript.

If this is for Software Design and Development, does your teacher not specify which language you must do it in?

Also, with the code samples he has given you, you can just open it with Notepad or any text editor and look at the logic.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I use to do IPT in Year 9/10, which is similar to Software (I did do basic programming like making with Visual Basics) and you should've started this assignment AGES AGO (assuming that they give you about 3 - 4 weeks or even more sometimes).

Maybe you need to sacrifice any frees and lunch times at the school computers? I use to ask the IPT/Software teachers if I could come to school early and stay late after school to get some work done at the school computers.

shadowmercure

HSC
Yeah I already did the documentation and all that but I'm stuck at the most important bit. Coding is not very nice to me and I cannot learn visual basic because I have a mac book and whatnot. As for seeing the samples in a text editor, I can do that but I can't apply them to anything. It's quite...difficult. I'll need to pull off a miracle and teach myself javascript in 2 days xD. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)