Code help (1 Viewer)

thingybot

HSC
N/A
I need to make a program in visual basic that randomly picks and asks 3 true or false questions from a list of questions. Questions and answer have to be read from a text file. I know the basics of using visual studio but for this I don't know where to start.

sy37

HSC
If it means anything I can show you how to do it using Python, haven't used VB in ages...

follow astroman's link or programmers.stackexchange, whichever...

happyhunter

HSC
I need to make a program in visual basic that randomly picks and asks 3 true or false questions from a list of questions. Questions and answer have to be read from a text file. I know the basics of using visual studio but for this I don't know where to start.
Read out the list into a dictionary (Splitting the question and answer) and pick and display a random number question from the dictionary.

JavaScript

HSC
Ah man. The days of VB.
So glad I stopped using it.

I'd recommend stop using it asap since it teaches you bad coding habits. Learn c# or c++ if you like visual studio or Python if you are into Linux.

HSC
You could potentially start by writing the questions and answers into two different text files (if that's what your question is asking and if that's what you're stuck on?) lol
Have the questions and answers read into two separate arrays or something, and then just use the random function which could pick out a question on the random, nth element. User types answer in, answer is compared to the nth answer in the answer array. Something similar idk.
I don't know much about VB/coding in general, but I'm pretty sure VB has all the functions you need.
Good luck haha!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)