SDD Year 11 Half Yearly Exam (1 Viewer)

SSSniper

HSC
Hi guys,

I have an exam that is coming up for SDD. My teacher told me to read a textbook that is called 'Software Design and Development' by Samuel Davis, 'The Preliminary Course'. He said to read chapter one and two, which are worth like 121 pages. OMG!! We are expected to read the two chapters. And like I don't understand what will be in the exam. He said that I might put in a little bit of this, a bit of that, a bit of this. UGGGHHHH!!! Like I have no idea what will be in the exam, it's like it would be a waste of time reading the WHOLE CHAPTERS. And we are expected to know a bit of python code, which is no problem. Can anyone help? What will be in the exam? I'M LIKE STRESSING SO MUCH? Please anyone out there please help me!!

keepLooking

HSC
When is the exam? You could easily read 121 pages over a weekend but being able to absorb the material is a different question. Remember that Year 11 does not influence your Year 12 marks and hence do not affect your ATAR/HSC marks in any way, you do not need to stress.

I would recommend looking through the syllabus and the marking criteria for hints about what he may put in the exam then only reading relevant sections in the textbook.

dwades

HSC
Look through the course specifications document for a basic understanding of the principles you'll be tested on.

If you're summarising from Davis' textbook focus particularly on:
1. Different software licenses
2. Input, processes and output
3. Primary and secondary storage devices

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)