I need help with making a 3D Model in Google Sketch Up for an IST Task (1 Viewer)

StudentQ

HSC
Hey guys, so I’m new to this website, and I’m not sure if this is the right place to be asking this. As you’ve probably read in the title of this post, I’m looking for some help\direction with making a 3D model in Google Sketch Up for my Information and Software Technology course. The nature of the task is that I need to basically investigate a robot (its inputs, software it uses, how uses this to output information, mechanics of machine, ethics, etc) and as a part of this investigation, I need to create a 3D model of it. So, I thought I would do that in Google Sketch Up, however, there are a few problems. For one, I do not know how to use this software, also, I am struggling to figure out to create the model itself based off the references of the robot I have chosen. Just to clarify, I am investigating the StarLAB Rover (just google it to find out information about it), and I am attempting to create a 3D model of it in Sketch Up based off a few images of the robot that I have found on google/other websites. Additionally, I also need to justify the design of the robot by “describing” how it is beneficial to its function. I’m unclear on how to do that as well. Would anyone be able to help me with this? Possibly show me how it could be done in Sketch Up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)